Senior Legal Editor
in Arlington VA
Performs complex legal analysis and legal writing for assigned publications;
helps the assistant team lead to determine and coordinate scope of coverage and review and copy edit work of less experienced legal editors.
Employees of this classification perform most of the
following, as assigned:
- Screens cases, legislation, regulations, and other legal developments; analyzes issues; edits, reports, researches, updates, and/or writes legal content.
- Develops and maintains sources and professional contacts in
the government and private sector.
- Participates in production of unit's publication(s).
- Develops and maintains knowledge of issues in relevant legal fields.
- Acts as back-up to the assistant team lead.
- Coaches less
- Serves as resource for others contributing to same or related news area.
- Helps coordinate coverage.
- Assists assistant team lead with the identification and recruitment of potential outside
- Communicates with outside authors regarding content preparation through meetings and written and oral correspondence.
- Stays abreast of and effectively use electronic resources and other tools to perform the job
- Participates in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated mastery of legal research, analysis, and writing in federal and state regulatory,
legislative, and judicial processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in independently carrying out assigned research and writing projects within deadlines under general supervision.
- Demonstrated proficiency with online publishing system, including
the ability to optimize documents (tagging and linking) for electronic platforms.
- Ability to use BBNA publishing tools and other technology effectively with BBNA training.
- Superior editing and organizational skills.
- Proven ability
to interact effectively with colleagues, sources, and others.
Juris Doctor. Relevant coursework and/or experience in tax law and/or ERISA, employee benefits administration, or the Affordable Care
A minimum of 4 years’ experience in some combination of legal writing and/or legal practice.
- Candidates may be required to pass a test for this
Bloomberg BNA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Bloomberg BNA has adopted an Affirmative Action Program to ensure that all applicants and
employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran, veteran of the
Vietnam Era, or any other classification protected by law.
How to Apply
Apply by email to: email@example.com
This ad has been viewed 1059 times.
It expires on 6/25/2019.