Retirement Plans Specialist
The First National Bank in Sioux Falls
in Sioux Falls SD
We do things differently. With an infectious culture, a 130-year commitment to our communities, and a foundation built on
our FIRST Values, we pride ourselves on being more than just a bank.
Our culture is driven by integrity, service, and strong values; nothing has shaped it more than our FIRST Values (Family, Innovation / Independence, Relationships, Stewardship, and
Teamwork). We are relationship focused and aim to make our customers lives easier and better. Our employees care deeply about our customers, each other, and our communities.
Come join us!
Position: Retirement Plans
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: Sioux Falls, SD (remote work not available)
Coordinates the administrative
function of retirement plan accounts including profit sharing, money purchase pension, and 401(k) plans. Coordinates, problem solves, and monitors close communication with plan sponsors.
- Facilitate the
administration of retirement plans. Receive and deposit contributions to the trust account; perform daily cash management; reconcile trust account balances; check and reconcile overdrafts; process directed investments, payments to participants and
beneficiaries; pay authorized plan administrative expenses; verify accounting reports are produced and sent to the customer in the agreed upon cycle; coordinate the safekeeping of plan assets; and monitor the resolution of problems or questions relating to
the collection of income, capital changes, or other distributions for plan assets.
- Research and respond to plan sponsor’s inquiries regarding the plan or trust assets.
- Maintain tracking and valuation process of unusual non-publically
traded plan assets.
- Communicate with TPA providers regarding plan amendments, forms, and transactions.
- Prepare marketing materials and plan sponsor communications.
- Prepare and conduct employee presentations, proposals, and account
- Assist employers with contribution calculations, and stock ownership plan processing. Work with plan participants to address issues as they arise.
- Correspond with customers, attorneys, CPAs, and other professionals as necessary
- Calculate, collect, and report quarterly and annual fees.
- Provides cross-training education of retirement plan duties and also performs all duties of Institutional Trust Assistant as needed.
- Monitor and update
- Quality Orientation: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how detailed; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking
processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Technology Savvy: Leveraging one’s practical knowledge and understanding of recent technology tools, solutions, and trends to improve work results, solve work
problems, and take advantage of new opportunities.
- Managing Work: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Communication: Conveying information and
ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
Education and Experience: Bachelors
Degree preferred. Three years of Banking, Retirement Plan, or Investment experience required.
Skills / Attributes:
- Detail oriented individual able to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy required.
- Problem solving and
- Self-starter and have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively through both verbal and written communication.
How to Apply
Please visit our website to apply using this link.
This ad has been viewed 2009 times.
It expires on 6/17/2019.