Retirement Plan Analyst II
Retirement Plan Solutions, Inc.
Reports To: Operations Team Lead
Employment Status: Full-time
Manages an assigned book of business, typically 70-90 clients, comprised of moderate to complex plans with minimal direction. Serves as primary point of contact and establishes excellent client
relationships to achieve or exceed client satisfaction and company retention standards. Responsible for client services and compliance to meet all IRS and DOL testing and reporting requirements. Performs annual plan administration, including but not
limited to plan census, data verification, contribution calculations, required testing, account reconciliation, and tax form preparation. Works closely with internal and external stake holders to ensure timely completion and delivery of services. May train
or assist less experienced analysts.
TYPES OF PLANS MANAGED:
- 401(k) Solo
- Non-ERISA 403(b)
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) SH
- 401(k) SHMC
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Data Verification and Contribution Calculations (30%)
- Compiles, reviews and prepares annual census data and eligibility calculations.
legal plan documents and all employee data and determines participant eligibility.
- Performs all required IRS and DOL compliance testing, such as ADP/ACP and other applicable tests, to ensure clients are 100% compliant.
- Identifies and
resolves plan discrepancies and errors to ensure compliance.
- Verifies data accuracy provided by other providers such as payroll services, record keepers, investment firms, etc.
- Processes client payroll submissions per client
- Reviews and processes Required Minimum Distributions (RMD).
Reporting and Balance Sheet (30%)
- Balances and reconciles trust assets for audits and balance sheet preparations across various platforms.
annual valuation of plans for regulatory reporting purposes.
- Prepares signature ready Form 5500s and other government filings.
- Files required government forms on behalf of clients when assigned filing authority.
- Proactively manages all facets of plan administration for assigned book of business.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships and open lines of communication with internal and external clients.
problems and conducts follow-ups in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
- May attend, accompanied by management, client meetings and conference calls.
- With management approval, facilitates any requested plan amendments or client changes
- Elevates and/or consults management with service, design or compliance issues as needed.
Other Duties (10%)
- Assists with peer reviews as assigned.
- Documents all client interactions, activity and notes in
database for historical tracking.
- Ensures virtual dashboard updated to show projects and tasks progress / status.
- Attends company / staff meetings and presents client-related updates as requested.
- Responsible for protecting,
securing and proper handling of confidential data per company procedures.
- Attends trainings and remains current with laws/regulations for retirement plan administration.
- May provide guidance and training to less experienced
- Other duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong client-focused aptitude with ability to anticipate client needs
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and
- Aptitude for extensive research and troubleshooting
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong prioritization and time management to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal
- Aptitude to work independently and remotely (as applicable)
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making and discretion
- Computer skills including but not limited to MS Office, CRM
and/or web-based services software
- 4-7 years' progressive experience in retirement plan administration managing portfolio of moderate to complex clients.
- Demonstrated ability to
interpret documents, resolve problems and work with detailed technical knowledge of many types of retirement plans.
- Highly proficient in MS Office. Experience with retirement CRM software, preferably PensionPro.
- Prior experience in
fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience working with diverse personalities with integrity and patience.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting,
Finance or Business
- QKA certification required
- Additional ASPPA Certification(s) a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Sedentary / stationary position. Must be able to remain in stationary
position for prolonged periods (up to 90% of time) with occasional movement around office environment.
- Requires frequent use of computer for extended viewing of computer screen (at least 90% of time) and repetitive use of a keyboard and some phone
- Occasional lifting, moving, placing items of up to 10 lbs. at or above head level.
- Position may be located remotely such as home-based office.
- May require occasional travel by car to corporate office, client site, training
- Communication skills: listening, verbal, written.
This job description is representative of management’s assignment of essential functions, with knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Nothing herein
restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations, absent undue hardship, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job
description is not a contract and employment with company remains at-will.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This ad has been viewed 841 times.
It expires on 6/14/2019.