DB Combo Cash Balance Consultant
Loren D. Stark Company
in Houston TX / Telecommute
Employment Type: Full-Time
Why Work Here?
experience, the desire to gain knowledge and the motivation to do your best.”
The position will advise an employer or plan sponsor in matters relating to retirement plans, review and analyze retirement plan
documents, prepares and manages plan and funding documents related to retirement. Our ideal candidate would be an experienced Defined Benefits Combo Consultant with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with certifications as a Enrolled Retirement Plan
Agent (ERPA) or Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA) and Qualified Pension Administrator (QPA) designations. Cash Balance Plan experience is required.
LDSCO has well-defined strategies to meet our goals. However, success cannot be sustainable unless
we commit to and work according to our values. First among these is Honesty in all aspects of our conduct. This includes acting with integrity in how we run our business, both with respect to our external dealings with customers, clients and competitors
and in our internal dealings with our staff.
- Accurately prepare contribution calculations and valuations for clients,
- Review client employee census data, optimization of total contribution and
- Act as the primary point of contact for client contact and correspondence addressing questions and concerns while maintaining the highest possible levels of customer satisfaction,
- Coordinates and facilitates the welcome
meeting with the client and all project team meetings,
- Review and preparation of Form 5500 and Schedule SB,
- Perform Annual Testing to demonstrate satisfaction of IRS Coverage and Non-discrimination requirements,
- Review annual
valuations prepared by outsourcing and peers for accuracy,
- Accurately and timely complete and/or review form 5500 for filing prior to the annual deadline,
- Arrange and attend client meetings to ensure communication and
- Develops and executes plans to improve customer satisfaction and overall quality of services,
- Preparation of projections upon request,
- Review and recommend plan document changes to accommodate changing client needs or
client company demographics,
- Proactively anticipate plan changes based on participant salaries and demographics to avoid and correct errors,
- Assist the Trust Accountants with client questions,
- Assist the Data Collections team with
- Identify gaps and facilitate training within the team,
- Communicate plan issues inter-departmentally,
- Act as a back-up for team members,
- Minimal travel is required,
- Additional duties as
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent business experience,
- Ten years of experience working as a Compliance Consultant or closely related
- Extensive client management experience with a proven history of retention and client satisfaction,
- Advanced knowledge of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) and related regulations,
- Must have the
ability to read and comprehend plan documents,
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, manage tasks and meet deadlines in connection with business operations,
- The ability to clearly and concisely articulate retirement
terminology to clients,
- Must possess understanding of integral part and aspects of Retirement Plans with a special inference on 401(k) or Defined Benefits Plans.
- Must possess the ERPA, or QKA, QPA or be enrolled in and actively pursuing the
- Team oriented attitude a willingness to help others achieve,
- Strong knowledge of English grammar, composition, spelling and punctuation,
- Ability to analyze data, determine root cause, and provide and/or develop an
appropriate solution for resolution,
- Computer proficiency and a strong command of the Microsoft suite of products,
- Advanced customer service skills including appropriate business etiquette in all dealings,
- Excellent communication
skills, including verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills,
- Willingness to take on new duties and responsibilities as requested,
The position is generally performed in a standard
office environment. The office is climate controlled and there is little to no exposure to the elements. The standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Fridays with a few minor variations due to
business needs and projects. Travel may be required to conduct due diligence for possible acquisitions.
The physical demands of the job include sitting for long periods of time, typing, visually reviewing
data on a computer screen/monitor, standing, squatting, kneeling, bending, lifting and carrying files, office supplies, boxes of paper and office related items up to 40 lbs.
LDSCO offers a challenging and rewarding work environment supported by a
total compensation program that includes:
- Competitive Base Salary,
- Full Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Cafeteria Plans),
- Paid Leave (Vacation, Personal Day, Holidays and Fun Days),
- Retirement Plan
401K and Safe Harbor Contribution,
- Personal and Professional Development,
- Rewards and Recognition Program,
- Entrepreneurial Culture,
- Strong Team Environment with Social and Team Building Activities.
LDSCO is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Loren D. Stark Company:
The Loren D. Stark Company (LDSCO), as a Retirement Plan Consulting firm, has developed a close relationship with the business community in Houston and across Texas,
Louisiana and Oklahoma. From the beginning our objective has been to provide our clients with a Plan design that meets the needs of the business owner(s), as well as the employees.
LDSCO believes that the selection of an Employee Benefits
Consulting Firm will have a significant impact on the shape and perception of your Employee Benefit Program. Hiring the right Third Party Administrative (TPA) firm will make that impact positive and add value to an employer’s Retirement Plan. In
making a recommendation to a prospective client, LDSCO prepares custom illustrations identifying the different results obtainable by the employer. These recommendations may include Safe Harbor provisions, New Comparability, Integrated allocation features,
as well as Defined Benefit plan designs.
The LDSCO Staff of Actuaries, Attorneys and Consultants are specialists in Pension, Profit Sharing, Cash Balance, Employee Stock Ownership and 401(k) Plan Administration. These services include in part
plan design and document preparation, compliance testing and reporting, annual plan participant ERISA compliance statements, participant loan and distribution documentation, and the plan’s signature ready Form 5500.
LDSCO has an ongoing
commitment to the development and integration of state-of-the-art technology and services to provide our clients with the most comprehensive Retirement Plan available.
How to Apply
Applicants may use this link to apply for position: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/428fe3ca
or send resumes to hr@LDSCO.com.
This ad has been viewed 2474 times.
It expires on 6/12/2019.