Health Plan Vendor Relations Manager
Wespath Benefits and Investments
in Glenview IL
Wespath Benefits and Investments, recognized as a 2017 and 2018 Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and a
2018 National Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®, has an opportunity for a Health Plan Vendor Relations Manager to be responsible for all aspects of our health plan vendor management strategy and vendor
performance, as well as be our subject matter expert for our Annual Election project.
More specifically, the manager will have the opportunity to:
- Lead development and execution of vendor management strategy; managing all facets
of health plan vendor(s) performance; implementing action plans to close performance gaps.
- Manage all facets of health plan vendor(s) performance; qualitatively and quantitatively assess performance per respective contracts and overall
program objectives and goals; implementing action plans to close performance gaps.
- Management of vendor contracts, including contract negotiations, renewals, performance guarantees and language appropriateness; mitigating any potential
- Develop and coordinate vendor integration protocols to optimize service delivery, including optimization of eligibility and enrollment data in partnership with benefits administration vendor; co-manage benefits administration
vendor with system administrator.
- Lead, coordinate or assist with communications/training, presentations, consultations, etc.; regarding vendor management strategy, service/administrative updates, plan and program enhancements and modifications; to
- Manage and resolve escalated customer issues in partnership with vendors; partner with internal and external stakeholders to identify and prevent issue trends.
- Assist with design, development, implementation
and management of various health plan strategies, programs, services, plans, and processes, as assigned; and function as subject matter expert for Annual Election project (including new plan sponsor implementations/ transitions to our
- Work collaboratively with other departments/staff, plan sponsors and consultants to improve plan performance, to implement strategies to identify and mitigate operating risk and improve the delivery of services to all
- Assist with the assessment of the impact(s) of the Affordable Care Act and other related regulations to the overall strategic direction of the health plan/vendor strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of work experience in administration of group benefit plans specifically health and welfare products.
- Health plan experience
with direct responsibility for all facets of vendor relationship management including business plan/strategy development, service/performance management, issue management/ resolution, contract negotiation, renewal and or related healthcare provider
relations, contract compliance, negotiation experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of health plan benefit design, service/ administration, underwriting/actuarial/funding principles, and HealthCare Reform/ACA and other related
- Advanced certification or degree in benefits, healthcare or business.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of other employee/welfare
benefit plans and wellness programs, design, service/administration, contract obligations, etc.
For more information about working for Wespath, please visit: https://www.wespath.org/about/careers/
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply using this link:
This ad has been viewed 849 times.
It expires on 6/8/2019.