Retirement Plan Administrator
in Grand Rapids MI
Watkins Ross is a 100% employee-owned actuarial and retirement plan consulting firm located in Grand Rapids, MI. As a
100% employee-owned firm, we recognize our employees are our greatest assets. Our team includes a diverse set of experienced professionals who help our clients achieve their goals by providing services to help them implement successful retirement programs,
recognize emerging trends and understand regulatory changes that may impact their bottom line. Are you looking to join our team of employee-owners? We are currently seeking a Retirement Plan Administrator.
What makes Watkins Ross unique? Our culture,
our benefits and our city. Read more at www.watkinsross.com.
The Retirement Plan Administrator will serve as the primary contact relating to plan administration
and consulting for an assigned group of 401(k) profit sharing plans. This individual is accountable for the implementation and administration of these plans and builds trusting relationships with clients, advisors and colleagues to exceed client service
and retention standards.
- Works with the defined contribution Compliance Coordinator to prepare ADP/ACP tests, along with all other nondiscrimination testing.
- Prepares Form 5500 and related
- Monitors plan deadlines, contributions, return of 401(k) excess deferrals/contributions, turnaround on the preparation of the year-end reports, 5500 filings, extensions and minimum distributions.
- Verifies accuracy of the
processing of contributions (including various profit sharing contribution allocation methods), loans and distributions.
- Provides plan sponsor with information and education about their 401(k) plan and facilitate issue resolution when
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate is resourceful and self-directed, with the ability to work cohesively as a team to continually improve our efficiency and grow as a firm. Strong communication
skills, an attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines are essential to handle the multiple responsibilities in our technical industry. This individual must have an enthusiastic, customer service oriented attitude with proven client relationship
skills, and be motivated to continually broaden expertise to stay current on developments in pension law and regulations.
- Four year degree in an analytical field or equivalent work experience required.
- Three or
more years of defined contribution administration experience required.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills. Working experience with Relius preferred.
- ASPPA or other professional designations
How to Apply
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This ad has been viewed 970 times.
It expires on 6/7/2019.