Senior ERISA Compliance Counsel
Hall Benefits Law
in Atlanta GA
Fast-paced and growing ERISA and Benefits law firm seeks a detail-oriented, highly-organized, and
self-confident employee benefits attorney who is prepared to take on an important role at the rapidly growing Firm; the right candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with minimal supervision from the Managing Attorney. Senior Compliance Counsel works
directly with the Managing Attorney and other members of the legal team on compliance matters, interacts regularly with clients, and plays a key role in managing those client relationships. Attorneys in the Senior Compliance Counsel role perform quality
legal work with limited review.
The Firm’s environment is fair and honest with an appreciation for equally fair and honest, nononsense professionals who help make life easier and the Firm more productive. The successful
candidate will demonstrate an above-average work ethic, maintaining a positive attitude through challenges. He or she should be able to demonstrate good judgment and the ability to prioritize activities. He or she will coordinate cheerfully with fellow
team members to get work done in an efficient and effective manner.
ERISA Experience is Required - 7 Years Minimum, 10 Preferred
Expertise in Executive Compensation, Retirement Plans, and
Health and Welfare Benefits legal compliance is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work Independently/Minimal Supervision from Principal
- 4 to 5 prospect-facing calls each month will require the
ability to explain our Firm’s capabilities and the prospect’s need for ERISA counsel without giving free legal counsel
- Research ERISA and Benefits issues; synthesize and summarize such issues into readable documents for
- Prepare primary legal documents, including
- Plan documents;
- Resolutions, Participant Agreements, Amendments
- Meet with clients to determine their legal needs and the
appropriate action to achieve their goals;
- Take seriously and achieve minimum monthly billable hour goals which involves finding new ERISA legal compliance issues with existing clients
- Look for potential new business
by anticipating new issues with existing (and prospective) clients;
- Research and analyze the law on complex ERISA issues and write easy-to-understand memoranda for submission to the client;
- Anticipate and mitigate
potential legal problems within the firm or for a client, and develop strategies to avoid costly legal non-compliance issues and reduce potential areas of risk;
- Perform due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts,
agreements, and mergers and acquisitions; and
- Confidently handle initial prospective client conversations, with the aim of converting those prospects into paying clients;
- Participate in 5-6 webinars per
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
This ad has been viewed 1191 times.
It expires on 6/5/2019.