Director of Recordkeeping and Administration
in San Francisco CA
About Human Interest
Human Interest is a rapidly-growing 401(k) startup
that's built an automated, paperless 401(k) provider that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a low-cost 401(k) plan with minimal administrative burden. In just over 3 years in the market, we've gained 1,000+ small
business customers across the country.
About the role
We’re looking for a leader to build and grow our teams that work on 401(k) administration and recordkeeping operations for our small business
In this role, you'll build the processes and foundation that will enable us to successfully service a rapidly growing customer base in a technology-driven way. You'll lead our efforts to ensure that all of the administration and
recordkeeping tasks necessary to service our clients' 401(k) plans are done in an accurate, timely, and efficient way.
What you get to do every day
- Lead, coach, and grow the teams that work on 401(k) administration
and recordkeeping operations for our small business customers
- Develop and document processes around payroll submission, loan and distribution processing, non-discrimination testing, Form 5500 preparation, issue resolution, etc. to streamline
workflows and improve efficiency
- Spearhead initiatives that improve the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of your teams' work
- Create, optimize, and report on KPIs to measure the health of our internal operations
- Identify common
issues and trends, proactively driving process improvements to solve them permanently, leveraging technology whenever appropriate
- Manage relationships with the financial institution partners we work with to deliver our 401(k) offering
on the company's leadership team
What you bring to the role
- 8+ years experience in 401(k) plan administration and recordkeeping, preferably in a high volume, transaction-based operations environment
years experience in a people management role
- Experience proactively developing and implementing new processes to streamline operations and improve efficiency
- Willingness to get your hands dirty, including acting as an individual contributor
- Strategic problem solving skills — you can identify the root of a problem and reveal the best path forward
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Project management experience
working in the fast moving and uncertain environment of a technology startup
- Relevant professional certifications (ex. ASPPA, NIPA, etc.) and advanced knowledge of ERISA and IRS regulations
- Experience with administration and recordkeeping
software such as ASC, FT William, Matrix, or similar programs
As an employee benefits company, benefits are very important to us, and Human Interest's philosophy is to be generous when it comes to
employees' wellness. Here's what we currently offer:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans, as well as dental and
vision insurance, with premiums fully paid for by the company
- Commuter benefits (use pre-tax money to pay for public transportation, with the company contributing $30/mo)
- FSA with an employer contribution of $500 per
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to $500 per year
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
This ad has been viewed 1227 times.
It expires on 6/5/2019.