National Market President
in Grand Forks ND / Fargo ND / Minneapolis MN / East Lansing MI
The National Market President is responsible for the overall leadership and success of the National Market as has
been defined as client, and non-client opportunities outside of our primary geographic footprint. Leads the goal setting and objectives for the various client segments in the market and collaborates with product and staff areas to ensure initiatives are in
place to achieve them.
This position can be based in the following locations: Minneapolis, MN; Grand Forks, ND; Fargo, ND; East Lansing, MI
Job Function Number 1:
Market Development -50%
- Establish a business plan for the national market focusing on all product areas to be delivered to business and consumer clients outside of the brick and mortar geographic footprint of
- Set all sales goals for national business and consumer advisors for direct and digital delivery.
- Maintain responsibility for financial budgeting and for the ongoing profit and loss performance to
- Manage fee and rate negotiations and product bundling enhancements across client and product areas.
- Lead strategic synergistic opportunities as identified and prioritized through project
- Represent the market in product research, competitive analysis, and general feedback.
- Establish and maintain deep working relationship with marketing team supporting digital marketing efforts to the national
Job Function Number 2: Client Management - 25%
- Review client satisfaction surveys and net promoter scores; work with marketing and segment management to support client satisfaction
- Set and review annual client penetration and retention goals and efforts.
- Lead the client service and retention activities of the team members following the Alerus client service standards.
Number 3: Staff Management and Leadership – 25%
- Coordinate with Human Resources on the resource needs of the market, to include appropriate compensation programs, staffing levels, and training.
- Design and
implement most effective staffing model for success.
- Lead team of Business Advisors, Financial Advisors and Guides, and National Sales Professionals to serve National Market Business and Consumer clients.
- Assist with coaching and mentoring
of sales and service staff, to include Financial Guides and Advisors, Associates, Client Service Center Associates, and Product Specialists in support of the national market.
- Monitor and review performance management reports, to include performance
plans and reviews and training and development opportunities.
- Assist sales and product leadership in identifying areas needing coaching, mentoring, training and celebration.
- Represent the respective market to Alerus Leadership Council. This
position is responsible for providing feedback to and from the market with respect to morale, culture, strategies, facilities and client management issues.
- Four-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ year’s financial services sales management experience required.
in the financial services industry including banking, retirement, investment, employee benefits and mortgage required with advance knowledge of the retirement plan business preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in product, client experience strategy,
and people management.
- Experience utilizing financial-related technology (fintech) to support the expansion of product offerings to a national market.
- Ability to translate strategy, market trends, and client needs into requirements and
integrated, deployable feature sets.
- Adapt at influence senior leadership to make decision in the best interest of stakeholders, primarily the client experience.
- Proven experience with delivering financial products through a service center
or direct to consumer model outside of a company’s footprint.
- Willingness to challenge the standard thinking with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions.
forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and a professional image.
- Well-organized and a self-directed team player.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to relate to people at all levels of the
- Proven interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Ability to deliver results and create influence in a creative environment.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a
- Ability to travel to support the needs of national clients and employee serving the national market.
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a
personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop,
kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply via our website using this link.
This ad has been viewed 1214 times.
It expires on 6/3/2019.