in Albert Lea MN / Arden Hills MN / Fargo ND
Our growing organization is seeking talented professionals who are in search of a challenging and rewarding work
environment! We are currently hiring a Retirement Specialist in our Albert Lea, Arden Hills or Fargo office to be responsible to establish and maintain relationships with assigned retirement plan clients in order to achieve or exceed client service and
retention standards. Assist the sales consultants with the new business on-boarding process.
Job function Number 1:Client Service - 70%
- Manage client
relationships (advisor/broker, TPA, wholesaler, plan sponsor, etc.) by working to resolve complex service issues to ensure client satisfaction/retention.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and open lines of communication with
internal and external clients.
- Produce and review annual review data with clients, advisors and wholesalers.
- Communicate with clients, advisors/brokers, and TPAs to proactively identify and manage expectations, needs, and
- Respond to all email and voicemail inquires with tactful, accurate, and timely responses.
- Problem solves a variety of complex situations involving business and/or client needs.
- Keep supervisor and sales executive informed
of sensitive issues or special projects pertaining to clients.
- Assist sales consultants in retention analysis. Recommend fee changes as necessary, including fee increases or decreases depending on client needs, demands, and
- Research and resolve third party payments and questions (advisor, broker (B-50), TPA, wholesaler, etc.).
- Coordinate fund amendment process timeline. Work through fund availability issues and coordinate delivery of supporting
documents and enrollment packet materials, if applicable.
- Facilitate external fee changes (advisors, TPAs and wholesalers) by properly updating fee schedules, disclosures, and all applicable systems.
- Learn how the recordkeeping systems
operate (Omni, AddVantage, Global Revenue and Sponsor/Participant websites) and report information to effectively service plans.
Job Function Number 2: _ Onboarding -
- Work with sales consultants to initiate new business takeover process.
- Finalize fund line-ups and model portfolios with client, advisor and fund wholesaler.
- Work with advisor/client to complete new plan
- Facilitate conversion timeline discussions with client, advisor, TPAs as needed.
- Discuss education materials and enrollment meeting dates with advisor/client.
- Finalize the collection process for
internal and external fees.
- Provide all new business details to underwriting specialist.
Job Function Number 3:Teamwork and Productivity -
- Provide backup to supervisor, sales consultants, and team members for plan sponsor, advisor, TPA and other independent producer telephone calls, emails, and other requests.
- Foster a positive work environment and support
co-workers in achievement of departmental goals. Treat all co-workers professionally.
- Participate in company and departmental meetings.
- Establish work objectives and priorities to perform work in a cost-effective manner. Make
recommendations for ways to increase productivity and decrease staff overtime.
- Proactively suggest changes in procedures, forms, and checklists to reduce account errors.
- Properly double check work of self and team members to minimize
rework. Ensure work is reviewed by your supervisor / team lead as needed.
- 1+ years of experience in defined contribution industry or financial services company, preferably in recordkeeping or
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with advisors/brokers and third-party vendors preferred.
- Strong written/oral communication and organization skills.
commitment to customer service.
- Available to work extra hours to cover peak workloads and other business needs.
- Ability to prioritize with a high level of commitment to accuracy and detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and other related systems.
- High attention to detail.
- Approachable and considerate.
- Adapts to a fast paced, changing
- Self-motivated and a strong desire to take initiative.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Sitting extended
periods of time at a desk.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to key, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms;
climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to use a personal computer.
- Extended time is spent reviewing documents, both actual papers or electronic.
be able to access the community copier/scanner/printer.
- Periodically, large paper files need to be moved.
Alerus offers a challenging and rewarding work environment as well as competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits
package which includes health, dental, vision, paid time off & holidays, retirement benefits, and more!
Alerus is a customer-driven financial services company unlike any other. We are an independent, multibillion-dollar financial services
organization serving customers across the country and around the world. We offer a broad array of banking and wealth management products and services. Our knowledgeable staff assists our customers in identifying and attaining their financial
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
For more information regarding the responsibilities and qualifications for this opportunity or to apply, visit our website. We look forward to reviewing your application and thank you for
your interest in Alerus Financial!
This ad has been viewed 1055 times.
It expires on 6/2/2019.