Retirement Plan Administrator / Consultant
Heartland Consulting Group, Inc.
in Overland Park KS / MO
Heartland Consulting Group is an independent third-party 401(k) administrative firm specializing in plans for
small employers. Our staff consultants average over 20 years in industry experience. We understand the importance of merging cutting-edge technology with a consultative approach in our client communication.
The primary purpose of this role is to
provide exceptional full-service retirement plan consulting and administration to a diverse group of balance-forward retirement plans. Success in this role requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent judgment, as well as strong
initiative and ability to multi-task. This role will work collaboratively with colleagues at Heartland Consulting Group to share information, responsibility, and resources. This position is located in Overland Park, Kansas.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of retirement plan administration including plan eligibility, allocations, plan documentation, compliance testing, government filings, distributions, loans, and vesting.
directly with clients and their plan advisors including CPAs, attorneys, and investment managers.
- Utilize ftwilliam software.
- Identify and implement new plan design alternatives.
- Communicate with DOL and IRS regarding plan
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated strength in a broad range of oral and written communications.
- Ability to consult effectively with clients and financial advisors and provide customer-centric
- Effectively and efficiently collaborate with colleagues to share information, responsibility, and resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of direct experience in 401(k) administration required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent software required.
- Experience with retirement plan administration software
- Experience with a Customer Relationship Management system a plus.
- Defined Benefit experience helpful.
- ERPA or CPC designation a plus.
Salary / Benefits
- This position offers a
flexible work schedule and a casual dress code.
- Full-time benefits, including medical and employer paid dental insurance, life, long-term disability and ad&d insurance, and 401(k) retirement program.
- Salaries are competitive and based
on education and experience.Periodic reviews for merit pay are based upon organizational and personal achievement.
Heartland Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive environment without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy status, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, military and veteran status, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified
applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job.
How to Apply
Email resume to: Susana@heartcg.com. No phone calls please.
This ad has been viewed 992 times.
It expires on 6/2/2019.