Retirement Plan Consultant
PenSys, an Ascensus company
in Encinitas CA / San Luis Obispo CA / Roseville CA
PENSYS, an Ascensus company, is a leading National Third Party Administration firm currently servicing more than 3000 clients from five strategically located
offices in California, Colorado and North Carolina. Specializing in hands on administration for small to mid-size businesses since 1995, PENSYS offers a flexible office environment with competitive compensation, good benefits and opportunity for
advancement. It's a place where people matter, quality is first and integrity always drives our success.
Due to a number of explosive growth opportunities we are currently searching for Administrative Consultants for our offices in Roseville, CA
, San Luis Obispo, CA (Central Coast), and Encinitas, CA (North County).
Serve as a resource to plan sponsors and financial
advisors for matters related to ERISA compliance, plan design and governmental reporting. Use experience and knowledge to serve as a resource to internal associates
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide superior
customer service, including problem solving with minimal inconvenience to clients
- Provides effective and timely verbal and written communications in a clear, concise and informative written manner
- Assists the client with all initial and
ongoing plan design and document support
- Assists the clients in meeting all IRS and Department of Labor deadlines necessary for qualified retirement plan
- Maintains up-to date knowledge of present legislation and proposed legislative changes
with regard to ERISA law through self study and company-sponsored training sessions
- Reviews the annual testing for plans, including ADP/ACP, Top Heavy, 410(b), 415, 401(a)(4),deductibility, and 402(g)
- Reviews distribution paperwork and
coordinates processing of distributions with asset holder
- * Compiles and analyzea all financial data and investment statements. Requests trust accounting report from trust department. Reconciles contributions and distributions. Prepare excel
reconciliation of Vendor trust reports. Determines and calculates late contribution deposits. Prepares Form 5330 for excise tax.
- Reviews loan paperwork and coordinates processing of loans with asset holder
- Reviews or prepares Form 5500 and
coordinates with plan sponsor to help ensure timely filing
- Assists auditors if a plan is subject to an audit
- Assists IRS and DOL auditors, if the plan is subject to an IRS or DOL audit
- Coordinate with all applicable parties, both
internal and external, to ensure accurate conversion process for new clients
- As applicable, work with assistant to coordinate and oversee activities that will ensure timely and accurate completion of book of business
- Responsible for
protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our
The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 3-5 years ERISA experience in the retirement industry
- Experience in analysis of financial data required
- Strong Word, Excel, and Outlook skills
- Strong written and
oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, manage tasks and meet in connection with business operations, including related ERISA compliance
- Ability to effectively plan and assign work to support staff.
The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing
your support of our organizational culture.
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided
by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with
the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://www.applytracking.com/tp/rj6_Fs8dF_e_K
This ad has been viewed 1270 times.
It expires on 6/2/2019.