Retirement Plan and Benefits Director
in CO / IL / TX
We are looking for an Experienced Retirement Plan and Benefits Director for a Growing Firm
Our client currently has a career opportunity for a Director-level professional in their Compensation & Benefits Tax practice. The
Compensation & Benefits Tax practice provides a full range of compensation and benefit services and solutions including: Internal Revenue Code compliance for retirement plans and executive compensation, M&A, due diligence, operational reviews and
enhancements of qualified retirement plans, IRS and DOL audit representation, and compensation benchmarking analysis. The firm is seeking an ambitious, career-driven professional who is looking for an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment where
teamwork is an integral part of our everyday practice. As part of the team, you will be responsible for work on a variety of consulting projects focusing on qualified retirement plans and other types of employee benefits.
- Provide consulting expertise to clients on matters such as plan design, merger and acquisition activity, fiduciary responsibility, and operational compliance
- Conduct complex nondiscrimination testing for
qualified retirement plans, including issues related to complex controlled groups with multiple qualified plans
- Assist in the identification of compliance issues in qualified retirement plans, calculate corrections and draft submissions for the IRS
and DOL correction programs
- Perform tax research and draft summaries of conclusions
- Prepare employee benefit plan returns (Form 5500) for various types of plans, as well as other specialized returns (Form 990, etc.)
- Review the
calculations and work product of peers for accuracy and reasonableness, serving as a thorough reviewer of data and results, and draft correspondence to clients
- Assist with the representation of clients during IRS and DOL
- Interpret and apply laws, regulations, judicial precedent and other guidance
- Draft memoranda detailing the application of complex tax and ERISA provisions
- This position works exclusively with our Denver Compensation and
Benefits team but could possibly work from our Chicago or Houston offices.
- Juris Doctor, Masters in Tax, or licensed CPA required
- 4-7 years of experience working with technical issues regarding
qualified retirement plans
- Experience in a management role
- Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Must be able to take active role as part of a
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Strong ability to explain complicated concepts in an understandable manner to a variety of audiences
- Capacity to learn quickly and willingness to try new things
How to Apply
Please send resume to Joanie Krings at Waterford Executive Group Ltd. firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. No phone calls please.
This ad has been viewed 1666 times.
It expires on 5/31/2019.