Defined Benefit Operations Specialist
in Richfield OH / Austin TX
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every
client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients,
our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire
optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and
understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Defined Benefit
Administration team is responsible for providing plan administration service and technical compliance support within standards and service objectives, which includes the understanding of complexities of all facets of administering qualified defined benefit
What you’ll do:
- Provide plan administration service and technical compliance support within standards and service objectives, including understanding of the complexities of all facets of
administering qualified defined benefit retirement plans.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and handing of all confidential data held by Schwab to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transition and/or unapproved disclosure of
information that could result in harm to clients and participants.
- Efficiently deliver quality services to clients, participants and business partners by:
- Preparing necessary benefit calculations for plans including retirements,
disabilities, deaths and lump sum payments.
- Performing a variety of administrative analytical or recordkeeping functions for moderate to complex defined benefit plans.
- Preparing associated forms and correspondence for distribution to
- Accurately processing distribution of benefits to eligible participants and beneficiaries.
- Meeting all deadlines regarding internal and external due dates.
- Support ad-hoc requests, reporting and analysis for
business partners by performing special projects and other related duties as assigned.
- Prepare annual plan valuations by auditing current year’s census and comparing it with prior year’s data to verify accuracy; resolve any apparent
discrepancies, update and ensure the accuracy in the Lynchval and SRI systems. This includes calculating eligibility, plan entry and vesting.
- Effectively communicate client data/information to business partners courteously, timely and with a
- Develop and maintain knowledge of defined benefit retirement plans and the Schwab record keeping systems.
- Prepare Plan Provision Summaries for new and existing clients
- Create or revise departmental
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or business-related field.
- Minimum three (3) years relevant defined benefit plan experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
applications, specifically Excel and Word required.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts,
Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness:
Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job but a career with an opportunity to
do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: http://www.schw.jobs/tp/rj6-hXg1A-e-K
This ad has been viewed 732 times.
It expires on 5/13/2019.