Qualified Plan Consultant
in Lake Mary FL
Newport Group is a leading provider of retirement plans, insurance, and consulting services. We help companies offer their
employees a more secure financial future by offering comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them.
Be a part of growing organization and build a career. At Newport, it’s
all about you. We believe that a business succeeds when its employees succeed.
The Qualified Plan Consultant will develop and present analytics that Newport uses to deliver Fiduciary Advisory
Services. Fiduciary Advisory Services are a set of consulting deliverables that help our clients manage their qualified plan responsibilities under ERISA. This position will work closely with Newport plan and investment consultants.
Additionally, the Qualified Plan Consultant will be a responsive resource to clients and internal staff. The position reports to the Senior Consultant, Qualified Plans.
The Qualified Plan Consultant will:
- Assists in the
collection of plan related data by working with Newport clients and various national service provider organizations
- Assist with analysis of data for evaluation of plan specific subjects such as employee communication or education efforts, 404(c)
requirements, fiduciary governance, administration services and plan expenses
- Prepare written client reports with assistance from internal plan and investment consultants
- Assist in conducting special client projects such as Request For
- Prepare client presentations
- Interface with client contacts
- Maintain high level of service excellence in a proactive manner
- Maintain client and internal records
- Maintain shared databases
ability to work in a team environment
You are the right person for this role if:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, math, business or related field preferred
- 2+ years 401(k) plan experience with
administration, consulting, compliance or legal issues
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of major plan provisions, plan documents and ERISA. Knowledge of recordkeeping and administration
- Demonstrated flexibility, initiative, a strong team player orientation and the ability to think and act independently, often in rapidly changing circumstances.
- Computer proficiency, particularly working knowledge of Word,
MS-Excel and Power Point
- Demonstrated ability to develop and prepare written client reports and proposals
- Time management skills and comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- FINRA 6 or 7, 65 a plus
and/or CEBS preferred but not required
Newport group offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records,
background investigation, and/or credit check).
Newport Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age,
non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 828 times.
It expires on 5/11/2019.