Bilingual Call Center Representative - Retirement Plans
in Portland OR / Cincinnati OH
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and
services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
Responsible for relaying retirement plan information to
participants in an inbound call center environment:
- Deliver personalized service and respond to a variety of retirement plan questions
- Problem solve, perform initial research and follow-up with individual participant related issues, as
- Provide clear and concise communication regarding plan rules, policies and procedures
- Perform tasks using a variety of computer telecommunications technologies / software / systems
- Troubleshoot online issues for
participants attempting to access their online account
- Education & Experience: Associate’s degree preferred. Minimum 2 years financial or industry experience, or the equivalent combination of
education/experience. Experience in a high volume, direct customer contact service environment preferred.
- Knowledge & Skills: Applies acquired job skills and working knowledge of business practices in a professional field.
Demonstrated professional demeanor communicating via telephone by using variety of computer and telecommunications technologies/software/systems. Ability to take or recommend appropriate action in a limited timeframe; ability to retain and effectively
communicate specific details/provisions of retirement plans/products, investment securities, mutual funds, and investments; knowledge of variable annuities, and general understanding of FINRA & governmental rules and regulations are
- Job Complexity & Judgment: Works on problems of moderate scope. Exercises judgment and discretion. Requires analysis of data where answers are not readily obtained. Works within defined procedures to resolve
non-standard issues. Makes recommendations for new processes or procedures.
- Independence & Supv required: Typically receives general instructions on routine work. May require detailed instructions on new assignments.
Work is often shared with team.
- Interaction & Influence: Contacts are typically limited to own department with occasional external contacts to provide or obtain information. Begins to build working relationships outside department.
Effective team player.
- Bilingual in Spanish required
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc.,
marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or
veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard
property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a
condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, view here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need
accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 899 times.
It expires on 5/6/2019.