Retirement Sales Consultant
in Scottsdale AZ
Our growing organization is seeking talented professionals who are in search of a challenging and rewarding work environment! We are currently hiring a Retirement Sales Consultant
in our Scottsdale, AZ office to be responsible for generating new business opportunities and managing a customer portfolio defined in the performance plan. This involves being the primary contact for new or existing customers, presenting formal
product proposals, and maintaining ongoing prospects for new business development. The focus of the position is to build customer relationships and gain loyalty by listening, understanding, and responding to customers’ needs.
Job Function Number 1: New Business Development – 70%
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of the
- Actively solicit new business opportunities with existing customers.
- Create and maintain networking relationships to create a pipeline of business.
- Maintain client information in the company
- Understand the benefits of Alerus Retirement and Benefits’ products and effectively differentiate Alerus Retirement and Benefits from the competition.
- Maintain and meet new business contribution goals as outlined in the
- Support the sales efforts of the entire Alerus sales team.
- Develop and consistently demonstrate professional sales skills to maximize business opportunities.
Job Function Number
2: Client Retention – 20%
- Retain and expand existing customer relationships using the relationship and product models in place.
- Maintain periodic communication with clients to ensure
service standards are being met.
- Assist in coordination of implementing new products to existing clients.
- Maintain quality service standards and take care of the customers’ ongoing business needs.
- Acknowledge and
prioritize multiple customer demands to provide maximum service to all customers.
Job Function Number 3: Personal Growth and Development – 5%
- Represent Alerus Retirement and Benefits in community organizations and activities.
- Assume responsibility for career growth and development. Actively pursue continuing education, reading, and self-development to enhance
- Be flexible and adaptive when faced with changing needs of the customer.
- Recognize stressful nature of work and maintain professional composure, attitude, and behavior at all events.
- Build solid working
relationships with team members, acting as a resource for others whenever possible.
Job Function Number 4: Alerus/Department Support and Teamwork- 5%
- Productively participate in
company and department meetings.
- Foster a positive work environment and support co-workers in achievement of departmental goals.
- Treat all co-workers with professionalism and respect.
- Recognize and celebrate individual/team
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a sales
- Good written/oral communication, organization, and client service skills required.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work independently and set
- Ability to interpret documents and resolve technical problems.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Available to work overtime to cover peak workloads and other business needs.
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making, discretion, etc.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task,
prioritize workflow of self and others and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Established communication, presentation and organizational skills.
professional business skills and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve complex situations. Apply judgment with respect to high level business impact and risk.
- Proven ability to work with detailed technical knowledge
of retirement industry.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Requires ability to sit for long periods of time using a key board, mouse and to view multiple
- Required ability to travel as needed to other markets and locations. Ability to travel within the continental United States is required.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per
- Extended time is spent reviewing documents, both actual papers or electronic.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities
required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
- Requires ability to use
telephone for client contact and conference calls.
Alerus offers a challenging and rewarding work environment as well as competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, paid time off &
holidays, retirement benefits, and more!
Alerus is a customer-driven financial services company unlike any other. We are an independent, multibillion-dollar financial services organization serving customers across the country and around the world. We
offer a broad array of banking and wealth management products and services. Our knowledgeable staff assists our customers in identifying and attaining their financial goals.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities,
protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
For more information regarding the responsibilities and qualifications for this opportunity or to apply, visit our website using this link.
We look forward to reviewing your application and thank you for
your interest in Alerus Financial!
This ad has been viewed 864 times.
It expires on 5/6/2019.