Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group
in Wakefield MA / NY
Job Description – the Purpose of Your Role:
you want to work for a friendly, growing organization where people truly make the difference? How about a role that offers a fun, collaborative work environment and provides plenty of opportunity for future career advancement within the
We are seeking a knowledgeable, team-oriented Plan Consultant for our Retirement Plan Consulting Team.
This position is responsible for overseeing the workflow of retirement plans; communicating with clients; preparation of 5500
and conducting compliance testing.
The responsibilities include:
- Performing yearly compliance testing and annual valuations for qualified retirement plans to ensure that IRS guidelines are met
- Answering a wide variety of client
questions related to plan administration and participant inquiries on a daily basis
- Collaborating both internally and externally to facilitate the responsible handling of plan assets
- Developing/maintaining strong client relationships
across many different industries with varying levels of financial experience
The Behaviors That You Bring:
- Integrity – Your customer-centric attitude and commitment to doing what is right for
our clients and their participants.
- Expertise – You are a team player and continuous learner. You share your knowledge with your team, embrace new learning opportunities, and search for ways to improve our
- Empowerment – You demonstrate organizational skills, the ability to manage priorities, deadlines, and troubleshoot issues independently.
- Excellence – Your detail-oriented approach
leads to quality processing results for our clients and your communication skills allow you to communicate effectively with clients and internal team members.
- Innovation – You learn quickly, collaborate with others, and share
your ideas for improving our service.
We value people who are hard-working and smart. You need to be the kind of switched-on self-starter who can handle a broad variety of tasks efficiently,
accurately and positively. Our industry is forever changing and we are looking for someone who is flexible and willing to embrace change.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of
experience in all aspects of defined contribution plan administration.
- Experience with Relius Administration strongly preferred.
- ASPPA Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA) or higher credential preferred.
- Ability to read and
interpret retirement plan documents and have an understanding of the related rules and regulations.
- Diligent follow-up skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including the use of formulas and overall ability to
learn and use different software packages.
Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group is devoted to making a difference in the lives of our people, our clients and our community. The core values that you
will bring are Integrity, Expertise, Empowerment, Excellence and Innovation. We work hard, but we also recognize the value of balancing business with personal life. That’s why Sentinel Benefits offers a flexible work environment for our employees.
Arrangements include teleworking and flexible schedules that are made with managers on an individual basis according to specific job responsibilities.
- Several health plan options
- A retirement plan allowing for
traditional (pre-tax) and Roth (after-tax) 401(k) Contributions – and yes, there’s a match!
- Life and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive paid time off, summer half days and the Sentinel Recharge
program for tenured employees
- Flexible work hours and the possibility of working from home
Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group proudly serves more than 3,500 clients throughout the U.S., and for
30 years, we’ve remained devoted to making a difference in the lives of our people, our clients and our community. With nearly 200 professionals tied to our mission to deliver great service—and a 9-year average associate tenure—we have
become the thought leader we are today.
From our conveniently located headquarters on Lake Quannapowitt in Wakefield, MA, you will enjoy a collaborative work environment that encourages cross-departmental creativity and engagement. We’re
looking for dynamic individuals, self-starters and team players to join our team.
Recognized as one of the largest employee benefits firms in Massachusetts (Boston Business Journal), a top 100 retirement plan adviser (PLANADVISER Magazine), and the
2016 recipient of the Best-in-Retirement Business IMPACT Award™ by Charles Schwab, our in-house experts -- and their commitment to excellence -- define who we are.
Our people care about our organization. We
are a company with a mission to be the best in our industry. Being part of this company means that you are part of something special. Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group offers paid vacation, 9 Holidays and 1 floating holiday, company sponsored medical
and dental insurance, life insurance, AD&D, short and long-Éterm disability, 401(k) Plan and free parking.
Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please use this link to apply::
This ad has been viewed 1115 times.
It expires on 5/4/2019.