Senior Compensation and Benefits Attorney
in Westlake TX
Based in Westlake, TX, this role is an attorney with an ERISA and employee benefits background who will provide in-house legal support related to Fidelity’s internal benefits and compensation programs.
You will be part of the corporate legal team within Fidelity’s in-house legal department, providing compensation and employee benefits advice to Fidelity’s parent company and to subsidiaries operating in a broad range of
The Expertise You Have
- J.D. required.
- Excellent academic record.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Law firm experience preferred.
- In-depth working
knowledge of compensation and employee benefits laws, including the Internal Revenue Code, ERISA, COBRA and HIPAA. A particular focus on executive compensation, qualified retirement plan compliance and health and welfare arrangements is
- Additional experience or knowledge related to other HR functions, such as payroll administration, employment, wage and hour, or general corporate matters is a plus.
The Skills You
- Your ability to analyze complex legal issues quickly and develop creative business solutions.
- You are highly organized, self-motivated and self-directed. You need to be able to work efficiently, under pressure,
with varying degrees of supervision, and manage projects with competing deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- You must thrive in a team environment.
- Your excellent analytical, advocacy, and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to
advise and influence senior executives and professionals from diverse businesses.
- Your superior writing and oral communication skills, adaptive to and effective for different audiences.
The Value You
- Partnering with clients in Human Resources to ensure compliant administration of a wide range of employee benefit plans under ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code.
- Advising clients on design and implementation
of innovative employee benefit and compensation offerings.
- Analyzing legislative and regulatory changes related to compensation and benefits and advising on implementation strategies.
- Providing guidance on Internal Revenue Code Section 409A
and other laws impacting compensation arrangements.
- Drafting short-term and long-term incentive compensation arrangements and bonus programs.
- Drafting plan documents, agreements, and employee communications, including preparing Summary
Plan Descriptions (SPDs), Summaries of Material Modification (SMMs), COBRA notices, ACA information reporting, etc.
- Supporting ERISA claims and appeals processes and ERISA document request responses.
- Ensuring compliance with HIPAA and other
privacy laws as they relate to the firm’s employee benefit plans.
- Analyzing employee benefits and compensation issues and providing due diligence support in mergers and acquisitions.
- Participating in cross-functional
- Forming good working relationships with your business and legal colleagues.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping
people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our
diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please feel welcome to apply for this role thorugh our Careers page at FidelityCareers.com using this link. Thank you.
This ad has been viewed 873 times.
It expires on 5/3/2019.