Senior Implementation Consultant - LMNG
in Greenwood Village CO
The Senior Implementation Consultant (IC) leads all conversations related to conversion, under minimal supervision. This position is the primary contact and is responsible for the successful installation of complex new retirement plan sales for Empower
Retirement's largest and most complex clients (typically for clients with greater than $200 million in assets), acting as leader, project manager, and consultant for conversion activities. The Senior Implementation Consultant works closely with Plan
Sponsors, Consultants, Advisors and Third Party Administrators for conversion related activities. IC must demonstrate risk avoidance, good judgement and the ability to make quick decisions. In addition, the ability to identify innovative solutions and
communicate to team members and other business partners as necessary. IC may be asked to lead projects and support/mentor other team members. Requires partnering with other client-facing service team members, implementation team members, clients,
advisors and consultants. The role is responsible for ensuring accurate plan setup and timely conversion of assets.
Additional Job Description
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the successful
installation of new plan conversions and/or start-up retirement plan sales of high complexity, large, mega and not for profit assets or participant size and working primarily on at a level which requires special handling and broad understanding and
knowledge of defined contribution plans.
- Responsible for scheduling kick off and continued weekly meetings with appropriate stakeholders to discuss current issues, problems / solutions, and process changes.
- Leads weekly conference calls on
assigned sales and consults with various client contacts including plan sponsors, consultants, advisors, third party administrators, relationship / client service managers, regional sales director’s, prior providers, payroll vendors and various
internal departments with respect to the timing of conversion, outstanding items, complex plan features and products, critical tasks and overall project management.
- Project manages both internal and external stakeholders, serving as primary contact
for Empower during the conversion process. Customizes project plan for a complex and/or mega client, as needed.
- Maintains project plan covering all aspects of the conversion process, keeping all parties accountable to deliverables.
influence and direction to a cross-functional team and guide conversations and milestones to completion.
- Maintains established deadlines and timelines escalating as necessary if milestones are missed and conversion timeline is in
- Analyzes, interprets and explains complex situations to stakeholders, working to influence others for solution agreement.
- In collaboration with the contracts team, discusses service agreements, contracts and product features with
plan sponsors, advisors and third party administrators for suitability and comprehension of administrative duties.
- Partners with ERISA Consulting, Compliance and/or Plan Document Team to review plan provisions with plans electing internal
compliance services to ensure accurate restatement of retirement plan documents.
- Facilitates the transfer of plan assets and records though written and verbal communication with prior providers, client contacts and various internal
- Presents to clients for finalist presentations and respond to Request For Proposals (RFP) as needed.
- Produces quality work on assigned sales through various quality assurance measures.
- Follows established procedures
designed to minimize market risks and gain/loss situations.
- Coordinates transition / handoff of clients to Relationship Manager, Client Service Manager, and Internal Compliance teams upon installation.
- Assists with coaching, mentoring new
employees on conversion/implementation processes and serves as go-to person on issues / problems of more junior team members.
- Assists with documentation of conversion / implementation procedures.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and
overtime during peak seasons or high volume.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field preferred
REGISTRATIONS / CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSING
- Series 6 permitted, but not required.
- Corporate-established timelines apply to permitted registrations.
- FINRA fingerprinting required.
OTHER PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5-7 years Conversion /
Implementation or related work experience
- 5-7 years Client / Relationship Management experience preferred
- Proficient knowledge of various IRS codes; 457, 401(k), 403(b), 401(a), etc.
- Proficient knowledge of IRS / DOL reporting,
regulatory compliance, and plan document knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (interview process includes a writing assessment)
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, and time
- Frequent use of office equipment including PC, phone, fax, copier. May sit for long periods of time. May stand, stoop, reach, pull and push on occasion. Frequent use of office
equipment including PC, phone and copier.
- Under minimal supervision, be responsible for the successful installation of complex new retirement plan sales, acting as leader, project manager, and consultant for conversion
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
- Senior Implementation Consultant is the primary point of contact with Plan Sponsors, Consultants, Advisors and Third Party Administrators for conversion related activities. In
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 1098 times.
It expires on 4/26/2019.