Wealth Management Associate, Sr.
in Minneapolis MN
Our growing organization is seeking talented professionals who are in search of a challenging and rewarding work environment! We are currently hiring a Wealth
Management Associate, Sr. in our Downtown, Minneapolis, MN. The Wealth Management Associate, Sr. is responsible for supporting the Wealth Management Advisors and administering Alerus Wealth Management accounts. Senior Wealth Management Associates at Alerus
are required to deliver comprehensive services for our clients while collaborating with Relationship Managers and Wealth Management Advisors. This requires providing superior customer service to both internal and external customers through effective
Job Function Number 1: Client Experience, Service and Retention – 55%
- Responsible to initiate and participate, as needed, in client meetings with Wealth Management Advisors ensuring that
these take place.
- Prepare materials for client meetings as requested by the Wealth Management Advisor or Relationship Manager.
- Responsible to understand and assist in the onboarding process for new customers and what is needed to meet the
minimum customer delivery expectations going forward.
- Provide investment education to clients to ensure they can make informed decisions to meet their goals.
- Provide effective communication to inquiries from external and internal clients
accurately and timely.
- Maintain a continuing relationship with existing clients to retain their goodwill and develop additional business.
- Collaborate within the service team and Operations to provide excellent proactive customer
- Keep service team informed of sensitive client issues and client requests.
- Assist in preparing formal proposals for individual and institutional prospects.
- Ensure appropriate fees are charged and bill for extraordinary
- Terminate accounts where services may not be economical or necessary.
- Responsible to back-up and assist any Wealth Management support staff.
- Coordinate personal touches for clients and mailings.
Function Number 2: Account Compliance, Documentation, and Marketing – 40%
- Complete annual regulatory review of accounts.
- Review daily reports and act on necessary items.
- Complete account opening packets, open
accounts when necessary, asset transfers, and issue binders.
- Follow up on documents, asset transfers, and send additional paperwork if needed.
- Handle day-to-day activities of Wealth Management accounts.
- Assist clients in determining
cost basis information.
- Handle routine requests for transfers of cash to/from other accounts.
- Initiate investment action requests to maintain compliance with investment objective as required or directed.
- Provide and answer questions
on tax information, statements, and transactions as needed.
- Maintain a system for periodic payments and receipts.
- Document activities in the Alerus client management tool.
- Maintain client information and portfolio management
- Place trades, provide quotes, and obtain bids/offers when requested for/by clients.
Job Function Number 3: Continuing Education –
- Maintain knowledge applicable laws and regulations as well as knowledge of the policy and procedure manuals for the various areas in Wealth Management.
work at updating your Wealth Management expertise in multiple areas of the business.
- Assume responsibility for career growth and development by actively pursuing continuing education, reading, and self-development to enhance skills.
seminars and classes across various divisions of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or finance preferred.
- Four or more year’s related experience preferred.
Financial Planner or Certified Trust and Financial Advisor preferred.
- Obtaining Series 7 and 66 licenses preferred
- Word, Excel and other basic computer skills.
- Ability to communicate complex
problems and propose and negotiate resolution.
- Ability to work in groups and independently, prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Attentive to
- Strong client relation skills both written and oral.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms
and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus offers a challenging and rewarding work environment as well as competitive compensation and a
comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, paid time off & holidays, retirement benefits, and more!
Alerus is a customer-driven financial services company unlike any other. We are an independent, multibillion-dollar
financial services organization serving customers across the country and around the world. We offer a broad array of banking and wealth management products and services. Our knowledgeable staff assists our customers in identifying and attaining their
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
For more information regarding the responsibilities and qualifications for this opportunity or to apply, visit our website.
This ad has been viewed 1120 times.
It expires on 4/21/2019.