COBRA Account Administrator
in Minneapolis MN
Our growing organization is seeking talented professionals who are in search of a challenging and rewarding work environment! We are currently hiring for COBRA Account
Administrator in our Edina, MN office. This position is responsible for administering COBRA services to participants. This person will exhibit great customer service skills, with strong attention to detail. This person will be responsible to learn and
understand COBRA and will field participant calls and emails, working in a fast paced environment.
Job Function Number 1: Client Service - 85%
- Field participant calls and emails, responding
to inquiries regarding letters, premium payments, discontinuation of benefits, dependent and coverage changes.
- Provide technical support to participants, including use of the COBRA software for processing premium payments.
- Process daily
employer files with employee changes, accurately processing information which results in Qualifying Event driven letters
- Assisting with daily departmental work volume
- Assist with COBRA reinstatements, terminations and
Job Function Number 2: Annual Rate Updates- 10%
- Assist the COBRA team members in the annual rate updating process, ensuring that, all rates, which are timely received from the
brokers and customers, are updated to the COBRA software. This is an intensive 3 month process.
Job Function Number 3: Alerus/Department Support and Teamwork –
- Participate in meetings for the company, department and administration unit.
- Foster a positive work environment and support co-workers in achievement of departmental goals.
- Treat all co-workers with professionalism and
- Recognize and celebrate individual/team accomplishments.
- Three years of customer service experience.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience; at least one year prior
experience in COBRA Administration or related area preferred.
- Familiarity with multiple HRIS systems is preferred.
- Willingness to obtain COBRA Certificate as soon as prerequisites are met
- Ability to accurately and timely perform
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage daily work load to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail with exceptional organizational
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making, discretion, etc.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow of self and others and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Established communication, presentation and
- Demonstrated professional business skills and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve complex situations. Apply judgment with respect to high level business impact and risk.
- Proven ability
to work with detailed technical knowledge of COBRA regulations.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Requires ability to sit for long periods of time using
a key board, mouse and to view multiple screens.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing documents, both actual papers or electronic.
- The employee is
occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials
which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
- Requires ability to use telephone for client contact and conference calls.
Alerus offers a challenging and rewarding work environment as
well as competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, paid time off & holidays, retirement benefits, and more!
Alerus is a customer-driven financial services company unlike any other. We are
an independent, multibillion-dollar financial services organization serving customers across the country and around the world. We offer a broad array of banking and wealth management products and services. Our knowledgeable staff assists our customers in
identifying and attaining their financial goals.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
For more information regarding the responsibilities and qualifications for this opportunity or to apply, visit our website.
This ad has been viewed 1091 times.
It expires on 4/21/2019.