Retirement Plan Consultant
Alliant Insurance Services, Inc.
in New York NY
Retirement Plan Consultant (6744)
With a history dating
back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation’s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. Operating through a national network of offices, Alliant provides property and casualty, workers’ compensation,
employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to more than 26,000 clients nationwide. Alliant Insurance Services ranks among the 15 largest insurance brokerage firms in the United States.
Responsible for preparing plan documents, plan year end compliance requirements, providing customer service and overall service of assigned clients in updating key plan data on an annual basis. Also responsible for all activities surrounding the
proceurement, placement and implementation of defined contribution plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strong understanding of IRS & ERISA Regulations;
- Prepares defined contribution plan documents;
- Prepares and
conducts plan year end non-discrimination testing (ADP, ACP, Top-heavy, 410(b), 415, 414(s), etc.);
- Prepares IRS Filings (5500, 5558, 5330, etc) and assists auditors;
- Processes distributions (withdrawals, in-service, RMD’s, loans,
- Maintains ongoing client contact to assist with day to day service issues and vendor management;
- Works with vendors to automate process of data collection and analysis;
- Maintains client and due diligence
- Ongoing client contact to assist with day to day service issues and vendor management;
- Records notes at meetings and prepares minutes for various investment committees;
- Assists in completing plan applications, plan document
review, and plan implementation;
- Supports the e401(k) Department with general industry knowledge;
- Researches and supports new initiatives to increase our efficiency, productivity, compliance and profitability;
- Maintains FINRA / SIPC
- Engages in optimal and appropriate usage of applicable agency management systems;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree of equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 + related work experience
- Professional designation (ASPPA, NIPA, etc.) or progress toward designation
- Understanding of retirement plan types and operations; as well as knowledge of ERISA guidelines and regulations
- Experience with small to mid (250+)
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, negotiating and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to
communicate information to a broad audience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability and motivation to work independently
- Good leadership and time management skills
- Good planning, organizational and prioritization
- Advanced analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
How to Apply
Please apply directly on our Careers page using this link.
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet
employees’ needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
Alliant Insurance Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you are applying for a job and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call our Career Center at 1-877-901-9473 and let us know the nature of your request and contact information.
This ad has been viewed 1332 times.
It expires on 4/22/2019.