Tax Analyst, Retirement & Group Disability
in Newark NJ
Prudential Financial is seeking a motivated individual to join the Product Tax Unit as a Tax Analyst. The Tax
Analyst will provide compliance support for retirement products such as 401(k), 403(b) and 457 plans or group disability/insurance products such as COLI, GUL, and GVUL.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicating plan
qualification or other IRS requirements
- Assisting with implementation of new IRS guidance
- Ensuring products and services comply with all plan qualification requirements and other IRS rules
- Provide general compliance support for
retirement products (defined benefit and defined contribution plans) or group disability/insurance products such as COLI, GUL, and GVUL
We are looking for a team player who is highly organized, responsive, and flexible, with the ability to
handle multiple projects while achieving sustainable results. Helpful areas of general knowledge are described below.
Note: Applicants are not required to have experience with both retirement and group disability/insurance products when
applying for this position. However, the successful candidate must have a willingness to develop technical tax skills, such as interpreting regulations or other guidance and applying these rules to create compliant business processes.
This is a high
visibility position that requires individuals who can effectively interact with all levels of management. This position provides excellent opportunities for growth and development. It is ideal for an individual with the right skill set, who is energetic,
motivated, creative, and proactive.
- Basic technical and operational knowledge of retirement plans or group disability/life products. Helpful if individual has a general understanding of either:
- The requirements for qualified and non-qualified plans, including 401(a), 403(b), 457 and 409A plans, or
- Group disability/life products, e.g., group term, COLI/TOLI/BOLI, critical illness and medical indemnity,
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 5 years working in a related position. ASPPA designations (QKA, QPA) are helpful.
- Ability to perform technical research using multiple resources
- Strong written, verbal, quantitative and
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team structure
- Ability to learn and adapt to change
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work well with others and display objectivity in difficult
- Organized and flexible
- Understanding of risk management and/or compliance concepts
- Proven leadership track record
- Project management skills
- Legal, compliance or risk, as well as operations or product background helpful
- Outside candidates are being considered
- Travel to other Prudential locations may be required
How to Apply
Interested applicants to apply via link below
For additional inquiries, please reach out to Nesreen.Khalifa@prudential.com
This ad has been viewed 1168 times.
It expires on 4/16/2019.