Assistant Administrative Manager, Health and Welfare
Northeast Ohio Benefit Fund
Assistant Administrative Manager – Health and Welfare
Position Title: Assistant Administrative Manager – Health and Welfare
Classification: Full Time Exempt,
Weekly Hours: >40.00, Office Service Hours are currently 8:30am to 5:00pm M-F. Office typically staffed from 7:30am to approximately 5:30pm daily.
Department: Health and Welfare
to: Funds Administrative Manager
Supervises: Health and Welfare Claims, Eligibility (Billing), and HW Customer Service
The Assistant Administrative Manager – Health and Welfare reports to the Administrative Manager and manages and coordinates the activities of the Claims Department, as well as the Eligibility and Customer Service departments,
to ensure efficient workflow and accuracy. Manages Claims Processors, Eligibility Coordinators, Customer Service Representatives, and Receptionist. Assists Administrative Manager in areas concerning health and welfare benefits as well as other duties
assigned by the Administrative Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer Health and Welfare Plan benefits in accordance with Plan terms and as directed and interpreted by the Board of Trustees through
the Administrative Manager and as regulated under Federal law.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of day-to-day operations of Claims Department.
- Supervises Senior Claims Supervisors, Claims Analysts, Claims Processors, Customer Service
Representatives, reviews appraisals or performance of subordinates, and assists in the direction of training and development. Acting Claims Processor for staff claims and as needed for workflow.
- Recommends and/or implements new or changed
procedures, practices, and activities of the claims department, including conversion to newer computer system.
- Attends regular meetings of the Board of Trustees, and prepares appeals and reports for Trustees as needed.
- Recommends, when
appropriate, organizational changes to the above departments.
- Decides and consults on claims procedures, policies, and development of plans. Consults with Administrative Manager, Fund counsel and Actuaries.
- Management liaison with service
- Approves life insurance claim payments.
- Approves all H&W Publications and postings to HW part of Fund Website.
- Approves all retro-contributions or credits.
- Works with Fund Book Keeper to provide plan
information to actuarial consultants and accountants for year-end reporting.
- Assists Fund Counsel in drafting restatements of Summary Plan Description and Plan Document.
- Interviews applicants for Fund Office positions as
- Reviews all Health & Welfare Fund communications to participants.
- Work and coordinate with Fund professionals (actuary, counsel, auditor) as needed to meet deadlines for filings, communicate with participants, draft and
distribute required notices, etc.
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and produce results with and through others
- Works well with management, peers, and staff
- Excellent interpersonal
and communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and work collaboratively
- Experience with employee training and development
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and
plan over a 3-12 month time span
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities. Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and manage interruptions
- Self-starter; self-directed. Quality oriented and attention to
detail. Extremely well organized.
- Ability to interpret policies and disseminate information. Ability to read, comprehend and implement regulations and benefit policies
- Strong analytical ability; good judgment
- Strong problem solving
ability; improves existing practices and protocols
- Ability to calculate figures and determines amounts accurately by applying clearly established and consistent procedures
- Maintain strict confidentiality of personally identifiable member
and employee information
- Computer proficiency, ability to work within databases and learn new technology
- Must be willing to work in excess of 40 hours per week, including weekends when necessary
- College and degree preferred, but may
be waived based upon experience. CEBS preferred. Ability to analyze, think logically and problem solve. Minimum five years supervisory experience in Health and Welfare Benefits. Knowledge of ACA rules and
Full Health and Welfare Benefits (medical, dental, vision, time loss) and Pension contributions provided with only minor contribution for supplemental Dental program required (< $7 per month
currently). Optional participation in Staff Contributory Pension Plan available.
Competitive Salary offer will be based on education and experience.
This job description does not list all the duties of the
job. You may be asked to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in the job description.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not
a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
How to Apply
Apply by email to: email@example.com
This ad has been viewed 1354 times.
It expires on 4/13/2019.