Sr. Director of Benefits Compliance and Plan Governance
in Oakland CA
Empowering People to Improve Health
At Kaiser Permanente, our organization is all about people – as individuals and as a team. We may be 200,000+ employees and physicians strong, but we act as one when it comes to empowering
our members, colleagues, and communities to achieve their goals.
In this role, you will lead the employee benefits compliance and governance for the employee benefits plans, including qualified defined contribution and defined benefit plans,
retiree health plans, health and welfare plans, VEBA trusts, cafeteria plans, and flexible benefits plans. You will oversee and manage personnel on the compliance team completing plan audits, government filings, employee benefit claims and appeals, plan
documentation and summary plan descriptions. You will also coordinate with in-house and outside ERISA counsel to facilitate regulatory compliance; assist with employee benefit plan governance and interact with fiduciary committees, appeals committees, and
vendor management and oversight committees. You will be responsible for issue identification and management; assessing risks of noncompliance and corrective actions; and keeping abreast of legislative and regulatory changes. In addition, you will present
to fiduciary committees and senior stakeholders on compliance efforts.
- At least eight years of directly related management experience
- At least twelve years of directly related
experience, to include employee benefit plan compliance and administration, including ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, and HIPAA
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, health administration, public administration, a
related field, or four years directly related experience with a high school diploma or GED; a master’s degree is preferred
- CEBS or similar benefits certification preferred
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefit plan compliance and
administration, including ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, and HIPAA
- Experience with collectively bargained employees, non-profit entities and for profit entities
- Financial controls including experience with trust audits and
- Experience in managing retirement (qualified and non-qualified), and flexible benefit plans in the following environments: controlled groups, collective bargaining, non-profit and profit, and diverse combination of highly compensated and
non-highly compensated employees
- Expert knowledge of benefits and advanced knowledge of multiple related functions
- Current knowledge of marketplace and organizational best practices
- Extensive exposure to benefits compliance,
administration, and/or communications
- Comprehensive knowledge in functional area of benefits
- Thorough knowledge of all types of employee benefit programs including defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans, medical and
dental plans, life and disability insurance, paid time off programs, cafeteria plans, and flexible spending arrangements
- Experience with Risk Management, Benefits Compliance and Plan Governance
- Experience with Claims and Appeals, Benefits
Audit and Regulatory filing
- Strong change manager
- The ability to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for
complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 764721.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and
internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what
people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please visit https://www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org/job/oakland/senior-director-of-benefits-compliance-and-plan-governance/641/10567407 for
complete qualifications and job submission details.
This ad has been viewed 763 times.
It expires on 3/30/2019.