ESOP Analyst (Financial modeling and valuations)
in Philadelphia PA
ESOP Economics (E2), an Ascensus owned company, is a consulting and software firm that works with ESOP companies to help them develop strategies to manage and fund their
repurchase obligations. In addition to E2's consulting practice, we develop and support Telescope™, our proprietary repurchase obligation forecasting software. Founded in 1993, we are now part of Ascensus, the largest administrator of college
savings and retirement plans in the United States!
Serve on a team that consults to employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) sponsors about ESOP repurchase obligation forecasting, funding, and sustainability.
Build financial models to help clients assess sufficiency of cash flow to meet these obligations. Participate in client meetings to present results. Provide technical support and training for clients who use our proprietary Telescope software. The
position reports to the project or function leader, depending upon the activity, and works in cooperation with the other members of the team.
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Repurchase obligation
consulting. These projects involve developing long-term forecasts of clients' ESOP repurchase obligations and analyzing alternative strategies for managing and funding them. The analyst will:
- Develop client-specific financial models in Excel to
reflect the effect of repurchase obligation on the client's cash flow, earnings and balance sheet and assess the impact of alternative strategies
- Participate in developing the data and assumptions to be used in forecasting clients'
repurchase obligations, including direct client contact, usually with the CFO
- Provide data to and work with consultants to analyze and recommend methods for managing and funding repurchase obligations
Telescope involvement. Telescope is
E2's proprietary software for modeling ESOP repurchase obligations. The analyst will:
- Use the Telescope software to model repurchase obligations
- Provide technical support and training to users
- Assist with marketing Telescope
software and consulting services
- Interface with prospective clients in conjunction with other team members at conferences
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against
unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity
AlwaysÂ® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Experience, Skills, Knowledge
- Recent MBA or MS in Finance, or minimum 2 years of experience doing financial modeling
- Experience working simultaneously on multiple projects with deadlines
- Experience interacting with clients and/or senior
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ascensus is a place to have a career,
not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes
diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed,
national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment,
qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/wgcDg
This ad has been viewed 557 times.
It expires on 3/30/2019.