Client Relationship Consultant
in Encino CA / Telecommute
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held
by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter,
Quality First and Integrity AlwaysÂ® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Retain all existing profitable clients and prevent attrition of this type of
- Work to improve profitability of non-profitable clients by increasing fees or helping them find a new consulting firm.
- Complete Annual Client Review form for all clients, with a formal conference call or face-to-face meeting. Make a
point of going through the exercise to make sure that you have addressed all items on the client review form on an annual basis.
- Watch for changes of the clients' needs and expectations.
- Watch for changes taking place within
- Be the main contact at Kravitz for our clients, advisors, CPAs and attorneys who are involved with the plans for strategic plan issues.
- Be the first to be contacted by a client when they have consulting/strategic issues
regarding the plans.
- Identify and define clients' problems. Listen for problems that client is facing and find a way to provide appropriate solutions for them.
- Seek out consulting opportunities by always look for opportunities to
provide additional services and consulting to clients and bill for the services.
- Work with an assigned Specialist(s) to get Normal Recurring Services done within our service standards (e.g., six weeks for completing IRS testing,
- Follow-up data, trust, documents etc. necessary to complete the work in a timely fashion and minimize rushes.
- Work with assigned Specialist and/or Compliance Team subgroups (e.g., loan and withdrawals, plan documents, etc.) to get
Other Services done by agreed upon due date with client.
- Have the agreed upon number of face-to-face client meetings each year.
- Provide answers and solutions to problems that Specialists encounter.
- Manage a book of business as
defined in your annual goals (current range is from $750,000 to $1,500,000).
- Ensure client service (fee) agreements are up-to-date.
- Complete billing by processing your draft billing summary (DBS) within 5 business days of receipt from
Accounting and processing traditional invoices within 10 business days of receipt from Accounting. All billing, including adjustment forms should be done via paperless processes.
- Identify and determine the write-up/write-off amounts. Bill toward
the budget of normal recurring services and other services outside of normal recurring services appropriately.
- Prepare Client Authorization Forms for additional special service projects.
- Collect billing by working with assigned Accounting
Specialist. Monitor the Aging report and follow up when talking with the client and outstanding invoices. Ideal days-sales-outstanding (DSO) is less than 35 days.
- Consider attending at least one outside retirement services seminar a year (e.g.
ASPPA, etc.), per agreed upon Learning & Professional Development Plan.
- Keep up to date of all aspects of retirement plan and/or investment consulting by reading circulated emails and papers on technical/investment issues.
- Provide back up to other teams as necessary.
- Other work as assigned via Committees and/or Taskforces.
- Promote/sell additional special services to existing clients.
- Meet when possible
with centers of influence
- Call on prospects as necessary with or without sales team to close the business.
- Attend meetings/seminars to build relationships with influential people.
- If defined in annual goals, close an agreed amount
of first year billings from new clients
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Five to ten years of experience in the retirement plan
- Excellent understanding of plan administration, compliance testing and pension law.
- At least three years of hands on experience with defined contribution (401(k)) plans, including record keeping and vendor issues
if working primarily with defined contribution plans.
- At least three years of hands on actuarial work with defined benefit plans, including cash balance plans if working primarily with defined benefit plans. Includes excellent
understanding of funding methods and valuations.
- May have to travel via car to visit clients in Southern California
- May have to travel via car or airplane to visit clients outside of Southern California, where an overnight stay is
- Good business sense to understand clients' business needs
- Team player
- Comfortable working with numbers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking, on the
phone and presentation skills
- Excellent delegation skills
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Intermediate sales/negation skills
- B.A./B.S. preferred
- Working towards ASPPA's CPC designation
- If working on DB plans, have knowledge base of an Enrolled Actuary (EA) -- EA preferred.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the
largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our
team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry,
religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women,
minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/wWWO4
This ad has been viewed 1249 times.
It expires on 3/19/2019.