Defined Benefit Pension Administrator
in MA / Telecommute
Serve as a resource to plan sponsors and financial advisors for matters related to defined benefit and defined contribution ERISA
compliance, plan design and governmental reporting. Use experience and knowledge to serve as a resource to internal associates. This position serves as the retirement plan expert on DC and DB plans on testing, 5500, loans and distributions and understands
plan design and can assist on plan operation and document updates. A Senior Defined Benefit Plan Consultant is able to handle client meetings both in person and via phone.
Job Functions, Essential Duties and
- Provide effective and timely verbal and written communications in a clear, concise and informative written manner
- Assist the client with all initial and ongoing plan design and document support
the client in meeting all IRS and Department of Labor deadlines necessary for qualified retirement plan
- Maintain up-to date knowledge of present legislation and proposed legislative changes with regard to ERISA law through self study and
company-sponsored training sessions
- Responsible for providing actuarial valuation reports, participant statements, Annual Funding Notice, and AFTAP preparation to the Enrolled Actuary
- Perform the annual testing for plans, including ADP/ACP,
Top Heavy, 410(b), 415, 401(a)(4), 401(a)(26), deductibility, and 402(g)
- Prepare benefit calculations and review distribution paperwork
- Review loan paperwork and coordinate processing of loans with asset holder as needed
- Review or
prepare Form 5500, draft Schedule SB for actuary, and coordinate with plan sponsor to help ensure timely filing
- Review or prepare annual PBGC premium filings
- Assist in preparation of PBGC termination filings
- Assist auditors if
a plan is subject to an annual audit
- Under the direction of leadership, assist IRS, DOL and PBGC auditors, if the plan is subject to an IRS, DOL or PBGC audit
- Coordinate with all applicable parties, both internal and external, to ensure
accurate takeover process for new clients including set up to match prior valuation
- As applicable, work with Actuarial Analysts, Enrolled Actuaries, or independently to coordinate and oversee activities that will ensure timely and accurate
completion of a large book of business
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information
that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity AlwaysÂ® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support
of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelors degree required. Math related degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of
ERISA defined benefit and defined contribution experience in the retirement industry
- Experience in analysis of financial data required
- Cash Balance Plan experience highly preferred.
- QPA, QKA, CPC and / or actuarial exam progress
- Experience in DB valuation software required
- Strong Word, Excel, and Outlook skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, manage tasks and meet in connection with business operations, including related ERISA compliance matters
- Ability to effectively plan and assign work and supervise support staff
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided
by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with
the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/wWWNu
This ad has been viewed 954 times.
It expires on 3/19/2019.