Cash Balance Actuaries, LLC
Growing, small plan actuarial firm is currently considering candidates for an opening to be filled between now and the end of the year. This is a great
opportunity for the right actuary.
To qualify for the position, a candidate must be an Enrolled Actuary, Enrolled by the Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries to perform actuarial services under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of
1974. Candidates must also have at least 3 years of experience as an Enrolled Actuary.
Responsibilities include everything related to handling cash balance plans and traditional defined benefit plans with fewer than 500 participants.
This is a
virtual position where you will be expected to work from home. We provide extremely flexible work schedules as well as excellent benefits and a laid-back, friendly environment. As part of a very small company, you will have many
responsibilities and will have to be flexible and friendly yourself. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and ability. High performers will be rewarded as the pay structure will include a base salary plus some amount of bonus to be
paid quarterly and some to be paid annually.
Some of the candidate's job responsibilities and qualifications are provided below. Ultimately, the job will be what you make of it as long as you are getting quality work done on time. Keeping
our clients and employees happy are our top two priorities.
- Perform and review actuarial valuations for cash balance plans and traditional defined benefit plans in accordance with IRS laws and
- Prepare and review annual non-discrimination testing for qualified pension plans including cash balance, traditional defined benefit, 401(k), profit sharing, and money purchase plans
- Prepare and review PBGC filings and
- Prepare and review annual FASB reports
- Prepare and review distribution packages and annual participant statements
- Prepare, review, and timely deliver government form filings (IRS & DOL form 5500, Schedule SB,
- Prepare preliminary design studies and projections that will meet all nondiscrimination requirements
- Establish and maintain qualified form of plan legal documents, including all amendments
- Prepare, review, and consult
regarding plan termination filings with IRS and PBGC
- Represent clients in audits with IRS, PBGC and DOL, P/T Exemption and VCP Filings
- Lead and/or participate in retirement plan consulting projects
- Direct client contact and new
business development is at your discretion and will be rewarded but not required
- Ability to work in energized, fast-paced environment
Preferred qualifications of the ideal candidate include:
- At least 3 years of relevant small
plan actuarial experience
- Knowledge of business entities as they relate to plan compensation and plan design
- Understand client business issues and be able to understand how they affect the retirement plan
- Thorough knowledge of
defined benefit plans including cash balance plans
- Membership in at least one of the following:
- The Society of Actuaries (SOA)
- The American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries (ASPPA)
- The American Academy of
- The National Institute of Pension Administrators (NIPA)
How to Apply
Interested candidates should e-mail a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
This ad has been viewed 917 times.
It expires on 3/17/2019.