Vice President, Business Development - Retirement Sales
in Chicago IL / CO / FL / NJ / Telecommute
Ascensus is the largest independent retirement and college savings services provider in the United States, helping over 7 million
Americans save for the future. We are experiencing exceptional growth. Ascensus was named to the Inc. 5,000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in U.S. by achieving 65% revenue increase over three
years! This success has lead to us looking for a seasoned VP, Business Development - Retirement Sales. This position partners with a number of broker dealer, RIA and specialist firms to enhance our visibility and productivity in
these systems. This is accomplished by understanding the firm structure, creating and maintaining deep relationships with the home office and advisory leaders, and promoting our solutions to Financial Advisors. The VP uses his/her knowledge and expertise
to guide education and messaging in the channel, as well as act as a resource to the Sales and Client Service teams.
This position is 100% remote preferably in Mid-West or East
- Develop and execute campaign(s) to drip materials to build awareness in the channel, and measure/report on success metrics.
- Help develop and manage firm-specific business
development budget, and participate in the overall corporate strategic budget process.
- Participate in annual establishment of national and firm-specific goals, including production and activity-based metrics.
- Maintain strong working
relationships with DCIO, TPA and Broker-dealer firms nationally to promote our solutions to Financial Professionals.
- Ability to discuss industry trends with all constituents (Advisors, Broker-dealers, DCIO firms, etc.).
- Represent Ascensus
at various industry and thought leadership events, including as featured speaker or panelist to represent the firm and its interests.
- Work closely with colleagues in Product, Operations, Client Management, Marketing and Business Development to
guide our solutions and the vision of Ascensus in marketplace.
- Work closely with heads of business development and sales strategy to institute structure and discipline in the way we communicate to and with our partner firms.
- Maintain a
strong knowledge of key competitors with the ability to highlight our unique advantages.
- Engage with Institutional Partners to ensure, where appropriate, their products and solutions are ably represented alongside our own.
- Ensure we meet
all contractual commitments tied to the distribution and SLAs in the contract
- Research and develop strategies that identify sales opportunities, including use of analytical tools to drive informed behaviors.
- Participate in evaluation of and
development of new partner relationships, and coordinate the management of all other accounts.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper
transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity AlwaysÂ® should be visible
in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Comfortable presenting publicly as well as one-on-one
- 10 + years of experience in the retirement plan industry
- Proven successful distribution of full service defined contribution recordkeeping and administrative
- Over-night travel
- Superior time management skills
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, unsupervised environment
- Series 6 and 63 (or the ability to obtain within six months of employment)
- flexible (if not Philadelphia-based, regularly travel to and spend time in home office)
- Strong, in-depth ERISA and plan design knowledge
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US
independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get
to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age,
citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered
veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/wRa5u
This ad has been viewed 1308 times.
It expires on 3/14/2019.