Defined Contribution Plan Administrator
Southern California TPA Firm
in CA / Telecommute
Opportunity for a self-motivated, disciplined leader who is looking to join a fast-growing TPA firm. Position is for immediate hire. Compensation and benefits package very competitive. We are interviewing candidates who meet the qualifications below.
Please respond if you're a serious candidate. We're looking forward to the opportunity of meeting the right person for our firm.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Performs plan administrative services for a large block
of Defined Contribution plans. Serves as main point of contact for plan sponsors and agents for qualified plan inquiries. Provides consultation to plan sponsors and agents regarding plan design and operation. Works with minimal supervision. Management
opportunity to lead the DC Department with necessary qualifications.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with ASC software is a must
- Maintains positive relationships with plan
sponsors and financial professionals
- Performs annual testing to ensure plans meet nondiscrimination and coverage regulations provided by the IRS and DOL.
- Prepares required governmental filings for assigned qualified
- Reconciles plans and prepares annual plan valuations based on information provided by plan sponsors on a balance forward basis. Notifies client of any balancing issues, any required contributions and maximum deductible contribution
- Prepares illustrations for employer contributions using all allocation methods including non-safe harbor methods.
- Instructs plan sponsors and agents on safe harbor correction methods for plan failures and calculates amounts for
corrective distributions and/or required plan contributions.
- Assists plan sponsors with EPCRS and DFVCP corrections.
- Reviews plans to ensure provisions of plan document are appropriately applied on both a plan and participant
- Explains provisions of plan document, including any amendments to plan sponsors and agents. Provides information on how this affects the plan and its participants. Provides consultation regarding plan design and operations for Defined
- Consults with sales team on technical issues with plan design for Defined Contribution plans. Provides input to management and sales team on current industry developments.
- Mentors new associates and support
- Requests information necessary to provide plan valuation and annual testing and prepares government forms prior to the end of the plan year. Applies required follow-up procedures to obtain necessary information and invoice
- Proactively notifies plan sponsors and agents of impending issues.
- Notifies plan sponsors of necessary Required Minimum Distributions and follows up to assist the appropriate handling of these transactions.
- Guides plan
sponsors and agents through the proper process when terminating a qualified plan.
- Demonstrated advanced level of employer-sponsored retirement plan knowledge in Defined
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully interpret and communicate business needs to both internal and external client groups in a clear and concise
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Proven strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective
- Proven experience handling and effectively resolving customer problems.
- Corporate office located in Southern California (Orange County/Inland Empire).
- Remote work
environment also considered depending upon the candidate's work experience.
- College degree or equivalent work experience showing increasing levels of responsibility.
- At least
five years of experience in the employer-sponsored qualified plan field.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Must be proficient with Windows-based operating systems and the Microsoft
Office Suite of products.
- Knowledge of ASC and Datair.
Certifications & Licenses:
- ASPPA QKA or equivalent designation within 2 years of hire.
How to Apply
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
This ad has been viewed 586 times.
It expires on 3/13/2019.