Retirement Plan Administrator
Independent Retirement Consulting
in Portland OR / Telecommute
Hello Future Retirement Plan Consultant,
Independent Retirement (Inde) set out to establish ourselves as the most reliable, accurate, complete, accessible and comprehensive third party administrator in the Pacific Northwest. We cannot achieve that goal without creating a place that fosters
greatness. A place where incredibly talented individuals are empowered to do their best work each day with very little in their way.
Therefore, we promote a culture of talent, freedom, responsibility, and integrity; and curate an environment that
fosters a rich entrepreneurial spirit, encourages creativity and innovation, and ultimately produces the best possible solutions for our clients. We hold dearly the idea that such outcomes are achieved best by small talented teams collaborating together,
and empowering them to make their own best judgments.
We are looking for a college graduate or experienced professional to work within our team of retirement plan
administrators that is self-driven and passionate. This person will have 3 to 5 years of experience administering a book of qualified retirement plans; and, the role requires the right person to have a servant’s heart, a curious mind, be well versed
in current technology, obsessed with details, and comfortable with numbers. Experience with 403(b) plans, defined benefit/defined contribution combo plans, or cash balance plans is valuable, but not required.
Specific responsibilities of this
role include, but are not limited to:
- Manage client relationships, as well as all aspects of administration for profit-sharing, 401(k) and other retirement plan types for a designated group of plans;
- Oversee and review work
performed by retirement plan administrators to ensure completeness and accuracy in core aspects of plan administration, as well as timely turnaround of deliverables to clients and partners;
- Lead, mentor, and assist plan administrators in developing
their knowledge and skills;
- Proactively consult with clients and partners on various aspects of plan design, operations and compliance;
- Draft, review, and interpret plan documents, amendments, notices and summary plan
- Communicate directly with clients, participants, partners, and team members using a variety of mediums to provide proactive issue resolution;
- Actively participate in company initiatives to improve internal operations, client
retention, and overall value to our stakeholders;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and industry conferences, reviewing professional publications, training, and cultivating a professional network;
- Manage ad-hoc projects as assigned.
Requirements for the role:
- College degree preferred, but not required;
- 3 to 5 or more years of experience as a senior retirement plan administrator or plan
- Familiarity with ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code and related regulations that apply to qualified retirement plans;
- ASPPA QPA credential or equivalent;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
ability to work in a results oriented, team environment;
- Strong organization skills and the ability to self-prioritize work across multiple tasks;
- Ability to take initiative, follow-through on requests until completion, and utilize keen
attention to detail, and;
- Demonstrable intermediate-level proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 office suite and Adobe Acrobat, as well as a willingness and ability to learn other technology platforms quickly
- Experience with ASC, DGEM,
FTWilliam, and PensionPro is preferred, but not required
- Willingness to work additional hours during peak periods or as necessary
- We offer employees competitive base salaries with
performance-based bonuses. In addition, we provide an array of great benefits including subsidized health and dental insurance; short term disability; a 401(k) plan with matching contributions; paid time off; flex schedules; time off for charitable causes;
and full reimbursement for continuing education.
- This role will be based in our office in Portland, Oregon, but we are willing to consider candidates that can telecommute.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This ad has been viewed 560 times.
It expires on 3/12/2019.