Pension System Implementation Manager
Willis Towers Watson
in Chicago IL
In this challenging role as a Pension Project Manager, you will contribute as part of a team to the entire range of retirement administration projects. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity, with one of the leaders in the defined benefit
outsourcing business and the opportunity to grow and develop your career, apply now.
Willis Towers Watson is committed to finding opportunities to foster flexibility in the workplace, whenever business and client demands allow. We are delighted
that this opportunity meets the criteria for flexible working. For specific details, please discuss with your Recruiter.
As a Project Manager you will play a key role for our pension administration software
and service delivery business by serving as the central link between clients and internal team members in the delivery of client projects. You will collaborate with other Towers Watson lines of business to develop, implement and maintain technology-based
solutions and services that meet client requirements and Towers Watson commitments. You will use your system development knowledge, defined benefit expertise and management experience to oversee new system implementations and the maintenance of existing
systems and ongoing services. You will play a key role in managing and expanding client relationships. You will have the opportunity to grow your project, management, consulting, client management, leadership and defined benefit knowledge and business
Other responsibilities include:
- Drive superior, consistent project management for concurrent projects
- Translate business needs into comprehensive project plans including objectives, timeline, deliverables, budget and
- Serve as the day to day project lead, ensuring the progress of teams against established goals
- Serve as primary, daily contact to clients on delivery of services
- Manage client expectations and raise appropriate
issues to Senior Consultants and Client Relationship Managers
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with client contacts through efficient, quality execution of projects, effective communication, and value added consulting advice
value added consulting to clients concerning defined benefit system implementation and ongoing administration including best practices, marketplace providers, cost and return on investment issues, pros and cons of solutions, etc.
- Efficiently and
effectively trouble shoot and resolve client issues
- Train clients on use of new tools and approaches
- Contribute to the development of new tools, processes and solutions to meet clients' outsourcing and broader human resources
- Follow firm and line of business processes, protocols and quality standards in the development and deployment of solutions
- Manage performance of teams composed of Retirement Implementation Specialists (RIS), Calculation Developers,
Data Analysts, operational Centers of Excellence (COE) and others against project goals
- Hold regular meetings to monitor progress and identify any issues
- Support the generation of new business to current clients through identification and
introduction of new products and services that meet client needs
- Participate in finalist presentations and other activities to help close new business
- Substantial experience leading
projects involving the application of technology to solve human resource needs such as: defined benefits administration, HR self service (IVR, web, etc.), HR systems integration, HR shared services or HRIS/payroll; prior experience as a defined benefit
project manager preferred
- Solid experience consulting on the fundamentals of Defined Benefit plan design and service delivery/technology solutions including best practices, marketplace providers, cost and return on investment issues, pros and cons
of solutions, challenges and methodology regarding solution implementation
- Proven experience in successfully leading project teams with multifaceted, competing priorities and deadlines, including virtual work teams with members in different
- Strong interpersonal and client management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, integrative and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational abilities and flexibility
to work in a performance driven environment
- Sense of accountability, owning one?s work and taking pride in it; commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Desire to learn, accept new challenges, and have fun
degree or equivalent in business, management information systems, human resources management, benefits administration or related field; Master's degree a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (including Excel), MS Project, Windows
- Ability to travel and work extended hours as needed
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a
path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and
strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas -- the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of
employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing
formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the
particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link:
This ad has been viewed 438 times.
It expires on 3/9/2019.