Senior Retirement Actuarial Analyst
Willis Towers Watson
in St. Louis MO
Work for one of the top actuarial consulting firms in the country!
As a Senior Actuarial Analyst at Willis Towers Watson, you will be making a valuable difference every day to our high-profile client organizations. You will apply your actuarial
and project management expertise in the delivery of complex projects for Fortune 1000 and other not-for-profit organizations of similar size. You will help clients achieve their evolving business objectives by aligning their defined benefit, retiree
welfare and defined contribution plans accordingly.
Our Retirement team combines expertise in retirement and investment consulting to support global organizations worldwide in designing, managing,
administering and communicating all types of retirement plans. Whether a client has a defined benefit pension or a defined contribution plan, we work with them to determine the right approach to design, funding, investing, governing and employee engagement
that fits their specific goals.
As a Senior Actuarial Analyst you will have the opportunity to support diverse projects related to mergers and acquisitions, plan design and strategy, asset liability studies, forecasting, early retirement
windows, global consulting and other special projects as needed. As you grow with clients and gain more expertise, you will play an increasingly larger role within your client team.
Responsibilities of a Senior Analyst include:
to serve as the project manager and main liaison to the consultant, which includes:
- Creating project plans
- Monitoring progress to deadlines and budget
- Scheduling and managing weekly/bi-weekly status meeting calls
appropriate and effective communication among team members and the client
- Deliver work in accordance to project deadlines
- Deliver on projects to meet or exceed client expectations
- Increase efficiency within client teams by
identifying ways to improve processes
- Manage the execution of data collection, analyses and finalization of work product required for core work including:
- Large defined benefit and retiree medical plan valuations
- Completion of Form
5500s and other Government filings
- Non-discrimination testing
- Contribute to special projects such as plan design, asset/liability modelling, retirement plan risk assessment and mitigation, due diligence for mergers and acquisitions,
collective bargaining agreements, global consulting, strategic workplace planning, total rewards strategies, and others
- Complete work in accordance with ERISA, FASB, GASB, Department of Labor, Pension Protection Act and other Government
- Seek and participate in key learning and development opportunities/maintain steady progress through exams
- Review analytical work and draft documents prepared by more junior analysts
- Contribute to the development of new
tools and approaches
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Mentor junior staff as appropriate
- 4+ years' experience conducting
core valuation work in a client-service oriented environment with large corporate defined benefit plans; defined contribution plan experience a plus
- Significant actuarial exam progress toward ASA and EA credentials Proven experience managing
multiple projects within prescribed project guidelines
- Strong client relationship, interpersonal and team skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to ask the right questions and seek help where
- Ability to respond to all communications effectively and in a timely manner
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues; strong client service orientation
- Demonstrated leadership
- Ability to work both independently and on client teams and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Sense of accountability; owning one's work and taking pride in it
- Self-starter; interest in continually challenging oneself and
willingness to step outside of one's comfort zone
- Interest and ability to think beyond the task at hand and understand how one's work fits into the broader landscape
- Strong analytical and integrative skills including ability to draw
conclusions and identify trends from data in a logical, systematic way
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Access and Excel
- Bachelor's Degree required
Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and
deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and
ideas -- the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an
authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must
be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees
will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link:
This ad has been viewed 454 times.
It expires on 3/8/2019.