401(k)/Cash Balance Administrator
in Encino CA / CO / WA / Telecommute
Section 1: Position Summary
Timely and accurate completion of contribution calculations and annual compliance testing. Review work performed
by level I specialists.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized
access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be
visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Work on larger, more complex plans, including clients with multiple DC plans and carve-outs
- Perform more complex ADP/ACP
- Perform more complex trust accounting and Forms 5500, including audited plans
- Perform DC balance forward valuations, journals, and statements
- Perform small (under 100 lives) DC/cash balance combination plan 401(a)(4)
- Calculate cash balance contributions and earnings
- Prepare journals and statements
- Perform self-employment income compensation calculations
- Perform additional specialized compliance testing (414(s), BRFs
- Calculate options for all failed tests without assistance (may need minimal assistance with combination DC/CB plans)
- Perform year-end estimates and plan studies for DC and combination DC/CB plans
- Intermediate to advanced
understanding of pension laws
- Assist consultants with compliance and plan design issues
- Identify consulting opportunities and propose recommendations to reviewer, manager or consultant
- Propose improvements on testing procedures and
programs, and test new automation
- Perform Special projects.
- Enter Consulting time in Prosystem daily
- Update Workflow system daily
- Provide back up to other teams as necessary.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as
- Review work performed by Specialist I
- Train level I Specialists
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- A minimum of 3
years experience in the Qualified Retirement Plan industry, including nondiscrimination testing and Form 5500 preparation
- Good communication skills
- Basic accounting skills
- Good computer skills including Excel
- Good technical
- Good training skills
- Detail oriented
- Numbers oriented
- Ability to work in fast paced, ever changing office
- Dependable with excellent follow through on commitments and responsibilities
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred
- ASPA QKA designation or actuarial examinations
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed
to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also
takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities
Act and applicable state laws
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/w574U
This ad has been viewed 977 times.
It expires on 2/19/2019.