Senior Retirement Plan Consultant
TriStar Pension Consulting
in OK / Telecommute
TriStar is a small, family oriented consulting and third party administration firm located in Oklahoma City, OK. We provide exceptional customer service to all of our
clients and their financial advisors. We consider them to be part of our family rather than just a client number among hundreds of other client numbers. Our clients are primarily located throughout the state of Oklahoma although we do have some that are
located outside of our state. We have been in business since 1999.
TriStar provides consulting and administration services for Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit Plans. We primarily work with vendor partners such as John Hancock, American
Funds, Principal, Empower and many others. We are a non-producing TPA firm that partners with financial advisors on all of the plans we serve. We do not provide daily recordkeeping services.
We are seeking an experienced senior level retirement
plan consultant and administrator.
Experienced candidates will be expected to:
- Provide Disney level customer service to all clients, advisors and participants.
- Manage a book of plans requiring full review of all
reports prepared by a junior administrator.
- Answer questions from plan sponsors regarding plan design, eligibility, contributions, testing, vesting, and other aspects of plan operation.
- Return phone calls and emails from clients the same
day or early the next day.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend plan documents.
- Work closely with junior administrators and distribution/loan associate on questions regarding documents, notices, distribution and loan
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively with plan sponsors, participants, investment advisors, and record keepers.
- Translate complicated regulatory requirements into easy to understand explanations.
- Teach and train
junior administrators so that they can eventually tackle more complicated administration and consulting projects.
TriStar’s ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Five years or more of
experience in retirement plan administration and consulting including managing a book of business and dealing directly with clients verbally and in writing.
- Ability to research technical plan questions regarding plan design or operation and assist
clients in understanding the information and options available.
- Understanding of unique and complicated plan design is required.
- Extensive knowledge of ERISA and subsequent Regulations.
- Knowledge of all aspects of small /medium case
plan administration/consulting as well as Plan Distributions/Loans.
- Understanding of business structures and how they affect plan design and administration is required.
- Working knowledge in DOL and IRS annual filing requirements and forms,
as well as plan correction programs for both services.
- Experience working in Relius, Pension Pro and FT William is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Cash Balance administration is a plus, but not required.
- ASPPA Designation
is not required but preferred. If you do not have your ASPPA designation, you will be required to begin pursuing it immediately. TriStar will pay for all of the expenses involved in obtaining and maintaining your ASPPA credentials including the
learning material, exams, annual dues and continuing education.
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently but also be part of a great team
of plan administrators.
- Ability to teach and train junior team members.
- Ability to write grammatically correct communication.
- A “friendly” can do attitude.
- Ability to think “outside the
How to Apply
Please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls or employment agencies please.
This ad has been viewed 1279 times.
It expires on 2/18/2019.