Sr Retirement Benefit Analyst - Defined Benefit Plan Coding Team
in Des Moines IA / GA / PA
Sr Retirement Benefit Analyst - Defined Benefit Plan Coding Team - #222338
Be a part of something bigger...
Do you want a
career where you can make a real difference? At Principal®, you can.
We work with a greater purpose in mind — to give people the financial tools and confidence to live their best lives. And we take that to heart not only for our clients but
also extend that to our employees.
By choosing to work at Principal, you'll be a part of making a difference in the lives of customers and in communities. And you can make a difference in your own life by joining a company that cares about its
employees as much as it cares about its customers. From career development to comprehensive benefits to our vibrant, diverse work environment, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to enrich your personal and professional
Do you have strong Defined Benefit knowledge? Experience working with Lynchval?
If so, check out this great opportunity to join our Plan Coding team within Defined Benefit!
As a Sr. Retirement
Benefit Analyst, you will identify and recommend opportunities for improvements related to complex systems, projects, and services. In addition, you will lead and coordinate major project components to support Defined Benefit.
responsibilities may include:
- Set up administrative systems for defined benefit calculations, including the programming of complex and unusual benefits using Lynchval.
- Calculating manual benefit calculations for setting up,
testing and validating administrative systems.
- Involved in plan amendments, compliance and regulatory changes.
- Coordinate activities with other departments to ensure a seamless implementation for new clients. Verify all pertinent data and
information is received and completed.
- Identify, analyze and resolve administrative system problems
- Perform review and acceptance testing of system enhancements as needed.
- Provide expert knowledge related to benefit calculations and
clearly communicate complex calculations in simplified terms for internal and external parties.
- Assist in the completion of assigned special projects, including gathering and organizing information / data, processing benefit calculations, and
- Provide pension technical assistance to business partners involving research, calculation expertise and analysis, and solving questions and problems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of 8 years’ experience. (Degree in Math, Actuarial Science, Statistics, or major in an analytical field is preferred.)
- 6+ years of work related experience in defined benefit
pension field required.
- 5+ years of previous experience using defined benefit systems such as Lynchval or LVAdmin is preferred.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Strong mathematical,
technical and analytical skills along with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, presentation and communication skills.
- Passion for solving problems and sharing solutions. Initiate and/or participate in
meetings with other areas to solve problems. Communicate technical benefit calculations in layman's terms to internal and/or external parties.
- Strong decision making and organizational skills.
- Must have strong mentoring,
interpersonal and listening skills.
- Ability to interpret complex plan provisions.
- Must be able to handle a heavy workload and ability to prioritize.
- High integrity and discretion to ensure the confidentiality of sensitive client
- A strong understanding all regulatory items that affect participant calculations is necessary to ensure administrative system calculations are correct
- High level of proficiency with
Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of business analytics, SQL, programming languages or queries using such tools as Business Objects, Crystal Reports or Microsoft Access is preferred.
- Defined Benefit actuarial experience is a preferred;
Enrolled Actuary designation is a plus.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by Principal. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the
future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
Willing to consider applicants at multiple job levels based on qualifications.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic
characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 1065 times.
It expires on 2/11/2019.