Retirement Services Associate
in Arden Hills MN / East Lansing MI / Minneapolis MN
Our growing organization is seeking talented professionals who are in search of a challenging and rewarding work environment! We are currently hiring a Retirement Services
Associate in our East Lansing MI, Edina, MN, or Arden Hills, MN offices. The position is responsible for client service support, assisting the retirement relationship managers and retirement specialists with client service functions. Collaborate with teams
to ensure departmental quality and service goals are met and that all client requests are addressed within the permissible time frames. Clients support will include both direct and advisor-driven relationships working in conjunction with, and taking
direction from the retirement relationship managers and retirement specialists. As defined, work with plan sponsors and plan participants to resolve questions and concerns.
Job Function Number 1: Processing
Support - 60%
- Oversee the fund change process once a plan sponsor elects to make a fund change. Submit plan fund change requests through the fund change team, send all documentation and disclosures to the plan sponsor for review,
signature approval and disclosure dissemination.
- Manage enrollment kit orders. Complete order form, update plan highlights, confirm other specific plan documents are current and submit order to fulfillment team in a timely manner to ensure
receipt by an identified date.
- Contact plan sponsors to determine the cause and request payment of late administration fees.
- Submit external advisor invoices for processing through the accounts payable database.
- Request or create
special reports related to fees, revenue sharing and plan demographics as requested by external advisors, consultants or auditors.
- Prepare materials for Retirement Relationship Managers’ (RRM) meetings with plan sponsors and advisors. Where
applicable, print, assemble and ship materials to the appropriate location.
Job Function Number 2: Client Service Support - 20%
- Prepare and submit plan change requests for all changes such as plan
fees, plan design or plan administration through the plan change database.
- Provide backup to RRMs and Retirement Specialists (RS) for plan sponsor telephone calls, emails, and other requests.
- Deliver a timely response to internal and
- Collaboratively work to retain clients and assets working in conjunction with the RRMs and RSs.
- Assist in client feedback efforts and help identify and resolve client services issues as well as meet long term client
- Respond to participant calls relating to general and plan-specific questions. Determine whether the call should be elevated to the RRM based on the complexity of the question.
Job Function Number
3: Description Communication - 20%
- Maintain timely and thorough communication amongst team members on all significant client issues and special client projects.
- Use judgment to consider when to escalate
issues to other members of the RRM team or ARB management.
- Work collaboratively as a member of the service team to ensure seamless client service.
- College degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in defined contribution industry, preferably in recordkeeping or administration.
- Superb written/oral
communication, organization and client service skills required.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word including use of pivot tables, charts and graphs and creating/editing presentations.
- Advanced knowledge of Omni
- Basic knowledge of investments and mutual funds preferred.
- Basic ability to interpret retirement plan documents.
- Well organized.
- High aptitude
for delivering a highly impactful and positive client service experience.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team to meet complex and varied client
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal
computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor
Alerus offers a challenging and rewarding work environment as well as competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, paid time off & holidays, retirement benefits, and
Alerus is a customer-driven financial services company unlike any other. We are an independent, multibillion-dollar financial services organization serving customers across the country and around the world. We offer a broad array of banking and
wealth management products and services. Our knowledgeable staff assists our customers in identifying and attaining their financial goals.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with
How to Apply
For more information regarding the responsibilities and qualifications for this opportunity or to apply, visit our website
We look forward to reviewing your application and thank
you for your interest in Alerus Financial!
This ad has been viewed 391 times.
It expires on 2/3/2019.