Retirement Service Consultant
in Dresher PA
This position is responsible for providing client service to
our partners, intermediaries and plan sponsors. The Retirement Services Consultant will develop and maintain a detailed understanding of retirement plans and Ascensus products and services with the goal of helping our clients manage their retirement plans
appropriately. The Retirement Service Consultant works with the Relationship Manager to deliver client satisfaction by providing retirement plan and operational expertise, proactively identifying, owning and resolving client issues and engaging clients
with value added consulting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper
transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity AlwaysÂ® should be visible in your
actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Maintain and continue to grow detailed knowledge and understanding of retirement plan rules and Ascensus business and product offerings
- Consistently provide a
high level of consultative proactive client service in a professional manner.
- Develop effective working relationships with team and internal departments in order to provide effective service for our clients. Successfully identify record and
monitor assigned items; includes determining required action for resolution of client issues.
- Ensure inquires and issues are resolved and service levels are met.
- Provide thorough, high quality research, problem solving and issue
- Provide clients and advisors clear and concise communication regarding services, execution and resolution throughout the service cycle.
- Participates in creating a strategy with Relationship manger to ensure client
- Identify, document and address risks through superior client service. Communicate with team in order to keep all informed and support current client strategy.
- Assist in the management of vendor relationships on
behalf of clients and partner.
- Deliver client retention by anticipating client?s needs, recommending changes or actions, in conjunction with the Relationship manager.
- Achieve individual and team goals for service levels, growth and
retention for assigned book of business.
- Identify and document systematically ?opportunity plans? working with Relationship Manager on a strategy to mitigate risk.
- Achieve individual and team goals, for service levels, growth and retention
risks through servicing your clients.
- Proactively communicate with the client and partners regarding all components of service delivery. Solicit and share feedback with appropriate internal resources in order to improve the client
- Prioritize activities and manage time to effectively and efficiently provide quality client service to our partners and clients.
- Ensure that our commitments to our clients are met by proactively reviewing the status of assigned
plans? periodic activity (compliance testing, 5500, quarterly statements, RMDs, etc.).
- Assess client objectives, needs and behaviors to suggest plan, product or functionality changes to improve results for our clients.
- Educate client
regarding plan features, product capabilities or Ascensus functionality and process.
- Develop ideas for improvement and provide feedback/solutions to plan sponsor and financial professional to minimize risk and improve process.
- Act in the
role as the subject matter expert on specific topics for initiatives with responsibility for training and assisting others across departments in area of expertise.
- Provide training to members of team as opportunities arise.
- Perform other
duties and participate in or lead special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor?s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years direct client experience and Retirement Services industry
experience or thorough knowledge preferred
- Certification or working towards certification (ASPPA, CEBS, etc.) in industry-related studies program preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to communicate
effectively (clear, concise and professionally) with all levels within the Ascensus organization, as well as with our client base.
- Excellent presentation skills, business etiquette, client service skills and time management.
professionalism in all aspects of the role.
- Experience with financial services systems (i.e. recordkeeping, trust, trading); and experience with plan recordkeeping and trust reconciliation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
applications, specifically Word and Excel required, Access and PowerPoint preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Knowledge of retirement plans, ERISA, DOL and IRS regulations, and plan documents (individually
designed and prototype).
- Ability to work in a team environment to ensure common goal of providing exceptional client service.
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines in a demanding
- Ability to make sound business judgments concerning issues which, if mishandled, have the potential to create substantial financial and client relations liabilities for the company.
- Ability to work extended hours to meet
business needs as required.
- Quality focus with attention to detail.
- Handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and
college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day
knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex,
marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus
also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/vbOZK
This ad has been viewed 448 times.
It expires on 2/3/2019.