Retirement Plan Sales Consultant
Commonwealth Financial Network
in San Diego CA
Commonwealth Financial Network® is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S., with offices in Waltham,
Massachusetts, and San Diego, California. Since 1979, we’ve been helping our field force of independent financial professionals help investors pursue their financial goals. We do that by providing them with the technology, research, resources, and
support that allow them to keep their focus on what’s most important: investors and their financial objectives.
With that said, we are not your typical financial services firm. For starters, we’re a fast-growing company, and we
think and have fun like a start-up. Conveniently located in the heart of downtown San Diego at the intersection of First and A streets, our office is a short walk to the COASTER, a few blocks from the entrance to both the 5 and the 163, and close to the
Commonwealth recognizes that our people are our greatest asset by investing in training and professional development. As a result, Commonwealth has been recognized 40 times (and counting) as one of the Best Places to Work by top publications in
the region (Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, San Diego Business Journal, San Diego Union-Tribune), as well as in the IT industry (Computerworld). With high marks in areas such as work environment,
work/life balance, job satisfaction, and opportunities for advancement, Commonwealth is a place where you can thrive.
Discover what it’s like to be psyched to come to work every day! We offer you:
- Generous bonus and stock option
- Use of our chairman’s vacation properties (Las Vegas, Park City, Key Biscayne, New England, the Bahamas, and the Dominican Republic) at no cost
- Maternity and spousal leave
- A more relaxed, “dress for your
day” dress code
- Discounted athletic and swim club memberships
- Ample opportunity to volunteer with and support local charities
- A VTO (volunteer time off) day to use toward a cause that’s important to you
- Free breakfast on Fridays
- A competitive benefits package — and much more
About the Opportunity
Are you an expert at handling inquiries — both on the phone and via e-mail—on
a wide variety of retirement-related topics? Are you consultative in your approach, actively listening and providing answers to help our 1,650+ advisors identify the most appropriate retirement solutions for their clients? Great! Us, too.
day-to-day basis, our Retirement Consulting Services team provides advanced technical, marketing, and product-based support, as well as legislative updates, to help our advisors service and grow their retirement business. As one of our retirement plan
sales consultants, you will be on the front lines in supporting our advisors in this capacity. Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills are a must — as is having a few key FINRA registrations under your belt and 5+
years of experience in the defined contribution space.
If you think you have what it takes, then let’s introduce ourselves.
As retirement plan sales consultant, your responsibilities would include:
inquiries from advisors regarding sales opportunities, product options, tools, and resources pertaining to retirement plans and accounts
- Taking calls from advisors and home office staff on a variety of retirement-related topics, from qualified
plans (e.g., 401(k)s, 403(b)s, and 457(b)s); to IRAs, Roth IRAs, and SEP / SIMPLE IRAs; to distributions, portability, and the like
- Fielding inquiries from advisors who may be facing a new client / prospect situation and assisting with qualified
plan design, contributions, and administration
- Actively listening to advisors to gain an overall understanding of their needs in order to help identify the most appropriate retirement solution for their clients
- Assisting Retirement
Consulting Services team members with managing day-to-day activities and contributing to various projects
- Researching industry trends and writing materials related to retirement plan compliance and business development
- Assisting advisors
and team members with developing sales ideas and creating marketing campaigns and materials
- Taking a consultative role by managing key and assigned retirement practices
The ideal candidate for this position would also meet the
- Understanding of ERISA and fiduciary responsibilities
- Familiarity with RIA model and fee-based management
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
degree of computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- BA / BS degree
- FINRA Series 7, 63, and 65 securities registrations, required
- AIF®, PRP, CRPS®, or a similar designation, preferred
- At least 5 years
of experience in the defined contribution space
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this career opportunity, as well as our Anything but Common® workplace culture? If so — and if your background and
experience align with our needs — please do submit your application right away.
Commonwealth Financial Network® is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 486 times.
It expires on 2/2/2019.