Business Development Executive
Healthcare Association of New York State
in Rensselaer NY
HANYS Benefit Services (HBS), a subsidiary of the
Healthcare Association of New York State, is seeking a Business Development Executive. HBS is a well-established, institutional retirement plan and employee benefits advisor. Client retirement plan assets exceed $4.9 billion, with a majority of our clients
located in New York State. Reporting to the President, HBS, this full-time position will be primarily responsible for developing new business opportunities by prospecting businesses for retirement advisory services for HANYS Benefit Services (HBS) and
Strategic Benefit Services (SBS). Manages retirement strategic business development initiatives and establishes annual sales plans and goals for assigned region. Identifies and nurtures strategic relationships for the firm while generating new
Our Ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is motivated, enthusiastic and has exceptional interpersonal and long term relationship building skills. Key aspects of the position include but not limited to:
- Along with the
President, establish annual revenue goals and determines staff roles in attaining goals
- Work with the President and business development colleagues to design and execute a business development plan concentrating on retirement advisory services
capitalizing on cross selling opportunities for existing clients and new program creation for potential clients
- Review market analysis and industry trends to determine customer needs and pricing
- Identify and prospect sales opportunities in
- Develop strategies and utilize professional sales techniques to develop business relationships that lead to successful acquisition of new business
- Bachelor's degree,
Masters preferred, with at least two years of related experience in the delivery of retirement and financial services for institutional (corporate) buyers including regulatory, industry, and investment knowledge
- Must have a proven track record of
establishing and meeting/exceeding sales goals
- Exceptional sales and communications skills including business writing, oral (including presentation skills), and interpersonal
- Must have strong knowledge of retirement products
York State Life and Health license and FINRA 6 & 63 required or obtained within three months post hire
- Routine travel is expected
We offer the opportunity to work for a Capital Region Top Employer* with competitive compensation and
benefits package, including 401(k) Plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer – race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation
*As designated by the Times Union’s Top Workplaces program and employee survey since
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 529 times.
It expires on 1/27/2019.