Senior Compliance Analyst
in Kingwood TX
There’s a reason Insperity ranks in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named
one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 32 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and
business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and
one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal
and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 16 years running.
Senior Compensation Analyst
This position is responsible for leading both recurring
and non-recurring compliance related projects, keeping management updated on progress and providing management reporting. These projects include, but are not limited to, annual nondiscrimination testing of the Insperity 401(k) Plan and all prototype plans,
Internal Revenue Service Forms preparation and audit coordination, prototype plan amendments and restatements, and third party software updates and enhancements.
- Manages the execution of and performs
annual and interim nondiscrimination testing for an assigned caseload including participant benefit allocations, and preparation of the written communication of results to client owners, Insperity Retirement Services' plan consultants and Insperity
- Prepares annual Internal Revenue Service Form 5500 and Form 8955-SSA accurately and timely by the IRS imposed deadlines for assigned 401(k) plans administered by Insperity Retirement Services.
- Prepares annual audit packages
for plans subject to independent accountant’s opinion, including responding to audit related inquiries and provides financial statement preparation assistance for the two Insperity sponsored 401(k) plans.
- Prepares prototype plan adoption
agreements, plan restatements, mandatory and optional amendments, and associated required participant notices using third party plan document administration software, assuring that all documents are complete and the appropriate provisions selected are
supported in Insperity Retirement Services' standard services.
- Reviews client sponsored 401(k) plan documents for clients interested in merging their plan into and adopting the Insperity 401(k) Plan. Determines the feasibility of accepting
prior plan assets ensuring that all required protected benefits are maintained, the plan is compliant and compatible, and the plan merger will not adversely impact the Insperity 401(k) Plan.
- Reviews client sponsored 401(k) plan documents for
clients adopting a prototype plan with Insperity to ensure that all plan provisions and protected benefits are carried forward to the restated plan documents.
- Reviews the Insperity Controlled Group and Nondiscrimination Testing Questionnaire to
confirm that a client meets all of the requirements necessary to be eligible to elect the Insperity 401(k) Plan, including being able to identify potential business and ownership structures that may result in a controlled group of
- Provides technical expertise on advanced technical issues to Insperity Retirement Services' plan consultants, operations personnel, Insperity client services, and when requested to clients directly,.
- Assists with
administering the Insperity Deferred Compensation Plan for clients that elect to adopt the plan, including client consulting and annual open enrollment coordination.
- Monitors legislative changes for potential required amendments for all 401(k)
plans administered by Insperity Retirement Services.
- Advises and assists Retirement Services compliance personnel with review of new and existing operations procedures to identify issues and gaps that could cause potential delays and/or increase
compliance risks to Insperity and its clients.
- Manages the execution of various tasks with a regulatory compliance deadline, including minimum required distributions to participants, annual required contribution calculations, review of domestic
relations orders, and required plan sponsor and participant/employee fee disclosure notices.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or industry specific
equivalent experience is required.
- Four to seven years of experience in defined contribution plan administration field is required.
Licenses / Certifications
- Industry related professional designation
preferred, but not required. An expected commitment to pursue a professional designation with either American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA) or National Institute of Pension Administrators (NIPA) in order to further
Knowledge / Skills
- Possesses technical competence of the various types of retirement plans and the related laws that govern them, including ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code and Department of Labor
regulations, with a primary focus on 401(k) plans.
- Experience with one or more of the following applications: Relius Documents, ASC Documents, 5500 and Compliance Testing, and OmniPlus or other industry recognized recordkeeping
- Experience with multiple employer plans, and/or the professional employer organization (PEO) industry a strong plus.
- Ability to independently research information via common industry resources such as ERISA Outline Book, Pension
Answer Book, etc.
- Attention to detail, and the ability to analyze data to assure accuracy and expose data trends to avoid widespread inaccuracy of reporting.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, with Access knowledge a
- Strong aptitude with balancing and reconciling financial activity.
- Ability to work independently and in groups, prioritize deadline oriented projects, and work effectively to manage and monitor multiple tasks.
tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment, familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filing systems and business
letter writing and competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the #1 quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
To respond to this opportunity, please go to: https://ejob.bz/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27127443
This ad has been viewed 845 times.
It expires on 1/14/2019.