UC Davis Medical Center
in Sacramento CA
UC Davis Medical Center
Salary Range: $2,008.00 to $4,107.20 Bi-weekly
Final Filing Date:
The Benefits Analyst 3 provides problem resolution for UC health and welfare, retirement, and disability programs, ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and University policy and
procedures. The incumbent will facilitate timely and accurate benefits enrollment and adjust premium payments and actions that affect employee pay and benefits. The Benefits Analyst 3 provides a full range of benefits counseling services including group
insurance, UCRP Disability Income and Voluntary Disability programs. This position independently analyzes and resolves problems regarding eligibility and carrier contracts and advises departments on personnel/payroll requirements for benefits actions. The
Benefits Analyst 3 serves as an accountant for the insurance direct prepayment process; oversees the benefits transactions; and performs disability claims administration. The Benefits Analyst 3 also serves as case manager for employees on leave relative to
their health and welfare benefits continuation and disability claims process, working closely with the employee, department, HR units and insurance carriers.
- Three to
five years of related HR experience working as a member of a customer service team and the ability to work independently.
- Experience reading, understanding, and explaining complex health and welfare plans to customers
- Knowledge and
understanding of HR and benefit laws including HIPAA, FMLA, PDL and CFRA..
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs, particularly Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Analytical skills to anticipate and identify
problems; conduct research and analysis on complex benefit subjects; and evaluate findings and implement appropriate solutions.
- Experience using PPS, PPS DS, and Kuali for looking up information,
completing transactions, and generating reports.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of UC health & welfare, savings and retirement programs including the defined benefit and defined contribution plans
knowledge of the organization's employee benefits function and programs.
- Minimum of 2 years of benefits counseling experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work
- THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY
Requisition number #054510
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
This ad has been viewed 913 times.
It expires on 1/9/2019.