Retirement Plan Consultant/Actuary
in Cherry Hill NJ
SUMMARY: Ability to perform consulting duties involving DC, DB and Non-Qualified retirement plans for
external and internal customers. Candidate will be responsible focusing on the documentation, correction, regulatory compliance testing, annual filing preparation, contribution calculation, and termination of ERISA and non-qualified retirement
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Advise and support Client Relations with technical questions from Plan
Sponsors, Administrators, Auditors, and Advisors.
- Service a caseload of medium to large complex plans, including prevailing wage, QACA & EACA arrangements, Defined Benefit and Cash Balance plans.
- Ability to complete Forms 5500s,
compliance tests for Defined Contribution plans.
- Ability to prepare cross-tested contributions.
- Perform actuarial valuations, benefit calculations and related actuarial duties.
- Support Sales and Implementation reviewing defined
benefit and cross-tested plan design or existing documents to implement new and takeover retirement plans.
- Review financial results and determine gain/loss requirements of fiduciary errors.
- Draft, submit, and monitor filings and requests
with IRS TE/GE & EPCRS, PBGC, and DOL, including bankruptcy and orphan plans
- Keep current with the retirement regulations by enrolling in courses and other related seminars.
- Provide timely, accurate, and effective problem resolutions to
clients, and internal departments.
- Provide weekly/monthly production reports on work status.
- Monitors and maintains assigned workflow tasks and call tickets.
- Compose correspondence in regards to elevated issues from
- Handling of special projects, tasks and requests as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent organization, communication and analytical
- Working knowledge DOL and IRS annual filing requirements and forms, as well as plan correction programs for both services.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive knowledge of ERISA and
- 5 year or more experience in completing compliance testing and Form 5500 tax filing
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Preferred ASPPA (American Society of Pension
Professional & Actuaries) Credentials
- Enrolled Actuary Preferred
Company offers medical, dental, vision and 401 (K) with generous match.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit for 4-5 hours at a time.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
This ad has been viewed 996 times.
It expires on 1/8/2019.