401(k) Conversion Coordinator
in Roseville CA
PenSys, an Ascensus company located in Roseville, CA, is a nationally recognized TPA that specializes in the design, implementation, and administration of
defined contribution, defined benefit, and cash balance retirement plans. The Onboarding Consultant position is responsible for coordinating the transition of a current qualified retirement plan from the former TPA to PenSys, Inc. The primary
responsibility is to work closely with the Implementation Coordinator to facilitate the resources of PenSys to onboard the client to the systems of PenSys.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft a reasonable timeline that is agreeable
to the client and acceptable to their current recordkeeper/Trustee, and receiving recordkeeper. Implement a conference call schedule between parties.
- Be able to discuss the options in completing a Plan Expense Allocation Policy
- Draft communication templates as needed and/or required to prior recordkeepers, TPAs, Trustees, etc., in order to obtain takeover information, and release assets to the new recordkeeper.
- Prepare communications to participants for
approval by client, including, but not limited to, black-out notices, roll-out announcement, information regarding investment mapping, changes in plan provisions.
- Coordinate conference calls involving each of the involved parties, explain
responsibilities and establish completion dates. Follow up on timeline status.
- Identify priorities and monitor rush jobs independently. Be aware of and communicate IRS mandated deadlines.
- Coordinate and ensure that enrollment and
communication materials are prepared and sent timely and accurately. Ensure all recordkeeping takeover information required is received in an acceptable format.
- Inform client of any issues and the resolution.
- Draft black-out lift notices
and other notices for the client or PFS to distribute to employees.
- Coordinate and keep all parties apprised of responsibilities and deadlines.
- Set up retirement plan account to recordkeeping system in accordance with plan document
- Reconcile and load conversion data from prior service providers.
- Assist clients on the Retirement Plan Exchange with fiduciaryPATH.
- Manage Recordkeeping Only clients.
- Ability to multitask, shift priorities and work under pressure with competing deadlines
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Professional interpersonal and
communication skills verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Technical aptitude with computer software and applications and proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Experience using Schwab Retirement
Technology recordkeeping system preferred
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is
guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any
other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/ue0gY
This ad has been viewed 459 times.
It expires on 1/1/2019.