Retirement Plan Administration Associate
The Segal Group
in New York NY
The Cultural Institutions Retirement System (“CIRS”) administers three multiemployer plans (i.e., defined benefit
pension, 401(k) savings and group life insurance) for approximately 250 daycare centers and 50 cultural institutions (including the American Museum of Natural History and the Wildlife Conservation Society) in the New York City area. Established in 1962,
CIRS provides retirement benefits to over 21,000 members including more than 8,000 active child care and cultural institution workers, ensuring the financial future and wellbeing of its plan members. Please visit our website at www.CIRSplans.org.
CIRS offers a small, highly collegial and work/life balanced environment. We are an organization undergoing
expansion in a challenging business climate, with a leadership that is committed to continual development and growth of its employees and capabilities as a service provider. The Associate role offers significant visibility and
opportunity to influence one’s professional development and follow a career path that can be either focused and specialized or broad and expansive in exposure within a dynamic business.
The Associate will be located in a midtown, NYC
office, reporting to a CIRS management team member. Success in the role requires demonstration of initiative and accountability for producing high quality, client service-oriented outcomes;
analytical and creative problem-solving capability and; the interpersonal and communication skills required to interact effectively with a diverse client
The Retirement Plan Administration Associate (“Associate”) performs in a multi-faceted role, anchored by accountability for administering CIRS’ 401(k) contribution
and Defined Benefit (“DB”) plan collection activities for participating employers and employees (“Fund Clients”) to include Fund Client adherence to plan rules and regulatory guidelines. Key responsibilities include but may not be
- Developing and maintaining expertise in CIRS’ internal recordkeeping system, and acting as the go-to resource for Fund Clients on 401(k) and DB plan recordkeeping processes, policies, rules and
- Administering CIRS’ 401(k) and DB plan employee contribution collection activities, ensuring the timing and accuracy of contribution amounts and related participant data, and supporting CIRS staff in its analysis and review of
contribution/collections activities as needed.
- Monitoring and facilitating the compliance of Fund Clients with plan rules and regulations governing contribution/collection activities; and educating Fund Clients about CIRS and its plans as
- Conducting follow-up interactions via phone, email and occasional onsite visits with Fund Clients to reconcile collection issues, and resolve problems/remove barriers to achieving adherence to plan contribution and collection procedures and
- Preparing weekly reports for CIRS management that analyze and summarize 401(k) and DB plan contribution/collection activities, and identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Quality assuring plan
contribution/collection and related plan administration activities, identifying issues of a systemic nature, and recommending, implementing and documenting process improvements as needed.
- Maintaining effective rapport and relationships with
Fund Clients on behalf of CIRS to include liaising as needed with outside vendors.
- Updating relevant plan administrative forms, documents and literature as needed; and assisting with updating and maintaining relevant plan material on the CIRS
The position may require occasional travel to Fund Client offices located throughout the 5 boroughs of New York City.
- Bachelor’s degree
focused on analytical skill and mathematical knowledge development.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in employee benefits administration involving both defined benefit and defined contribution plans with emphasis in 401(k) plans; familiarity with
recordkeeping and collection practices; experience with Multiemployer benefit plans (desirable).
- Familiarity with legal and regulatory standards governing the administration of 401(k) and Defined Benefit plans (e.g., Department of Labor,
EBSA, ERISA, IRS, Fiduciary duty, etc.).
- Attainment of relevant industry designations (i.e., CEBS, ASPPA), a plus.
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word) is mandatory;
Microsoft Access knowledge a plus.
- Bi-lingual fluency in Spanish (a plus).
- Ability to commute daily to a mid-town, NYC office.
How to apply:
We offer a competitive compensation and excellent benefits
package. If you qualify and are interested, please send resume and salary requirements in strict confidence to: CIRSAssociateResumes@segalco.com.
Note: Segal is an employee benefits and human resources consulting firm
that has been retained by CIRS to conduct this recruitment on its behalf. Employment will be with CIRS.
Diversity and Inclusion:
CIRS is committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated
through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment
free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to
employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides CIRS with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative
solutions to our clients.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to CIRSAssociateResumes@segalco.com.
This ad has been viewed 679 times.
It expires on 12/25/2018.