Retirement Relationship Manager
in Minneapolis MN
Our growing organization is seeking talented professionals who are in search of a challenging and rewarding work environment! We are currently hiring a Retirement Relationship
Manager in our Edina, MN office to establish and maintain relationships with assigned retirement plan clients in order to achieve or exceed client service and retention standards. Define and implement annual service plan for assigned clients,
introducing new features available to them, coordinating plan changes and other plan related topics, as necessary. Help foster a cohesive service team by directing workflow, supporting strong communication and displaying good judgment and leadership to
ensure the proper administration of all accounts. Coordinate and monitor workflow between departments to facilitate efficient operations and optimal client service. Assist Retirement Sales Consultants in sales process as requested and assist
with new business implementation process. (All usage of the term “client” refers to plan sponsor, advisor, broker, TPA).
Job Function Number 1: Client Retention –
- Proactively manage assigned client relationships to achieve or exceed client service satisfaction and ARB retention standards.
- Define and implement proactive client service plan for direct full service plans based on client tier
to set/manage client plan objectives, suggesting changes where necessary.
- Engage client service team members for larger clients to complete education and investment commitments.
- Proactively manage client service plan activity through use of
- Identify and establish strong working relationship with client key decision makers/influencers.
- Maintain ongoing communication with client to understand their goals/objectives and identify service
- Proactively and consistently present ARB value proposition.
- Actively assess client satisfaction to identify at-risk clients and work with manager to address issues.
- Introduce clients to other ARB and bank services as
appropriate to underscore the ARB full service value proposition.
- Proactively employ/share technical knowledge of and experience with ERISA and retirement plan administration with clients and colleagues.
- Be an experienced source of
information and guidance to peers, member of the client service team and other ARB staff.
- Apply advanced investment knowledge including understanding of markets, basic economic data, asset classes, models, CIFS and target date funds.
able to prepare and deliver non fiduciary and fiduciary level review; model and share investment knowledge with team members.
- Employ and share knowledge regarding fiduciary responsibilities and best practices to peers, plan sponsors and investment
- Proactively demonstrate ability to engage and interact with varying audience types including plan participants, plan sponsors, investment committees, and peer groups.
- Display ability to present fluidly in any presentation
context, especially RFP/Resale scenarios.
- Engage active listening and response skill set.
- Produce and review annual plan data with client.
- Conduct retention fee analysis and recommend fee changes.
Function Number 2: Leadership and Engagement – 30%
- Actively engage in the success of ARB and Alerus, promoting and supporting new and ongoing initiatives with positive active team
involvement resulting in a successful outcome.
- Enthusiastically embrace and model change amongst peers as a proven leader.
- Actively lead and/or participate in projects to improve the products and services offered by ARB, including project
groups tasked with developing enhanced procedures or policies.
- Offer suggestions and ideas to management and actively engage in or manage their development as assigned by management.
- Maintain active reporting process to all interested
parties on all projects where assigned a leadership role.
- Proactively initiate interest in new or existing colleagues who can benefit from peer support.
- Coach/mentor/develop team members as opportunities occur to provide assistance for the
benefit of the other team members, clients and ARB.
Job Function Number 3: Teamwork and Communication – 20%
- Maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers
while providing quality service.
- Take responsibility for service team communication and workflow; maintain excellent and timely communication among all involved parties.
- Resolve workflow issues on team and address issues that
cross department lines, using judgment with respect to manager/management involvement and consideration of high level business impact and application.
- Provide solutions to plan needs by working with administration and underwriting on outstanding
issues and/or new features available due to recent legislation or product enhancements.
- Bachelor degree in finance, economics, accounting, business
administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years related experience in retirement plan recordkeeping/administration with knowledge of IRS and Department of Labor regulations.
experience working with corporate clients at the relationship management level.
- Advanced professional designation(s) related to the qualified plan industry required.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, use of laptop computer, projector,
trio, and other office equipment.
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making, discretion, etc.
- Proven leadership skills demonstrated through active
engagement with client service team and others in deployment of client centric service plan.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow of self and others
and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Established communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated professional business skills and
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve complex situations. And apply judgment with respect to high level business impact and risk.
- Proven ability to work with detailed technical knowledge of all types of retirement
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Requires ability to travel based on locations of assigned client base.
- Requires the safe operation of a
motor vehicle to perform the essential functions of the job.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or
- Requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and indivi
How to Apply
For more information regarding the responsibilities and qualifications for this opportunity or to apply, visit our website using this link.
We look forward to reviewing your
application and thank you for your interest in Alerus Financial!
This ad has been viewed 726 times.
It expires on 12/22/2018.