in Albert Lea MN / Arden Hills MN / Fargo ND
Our growing organization is seeking talented professionals who are in search of a challenging and rewarding work environment! We are currently hiring a Retirement Specialist I in
our Albert Lea, MN, Arden Hills, MN, or Fargo, ND office to establish and maintain relationships with assigned retirement plan clients in order to achieve or exceed client service and retention standards. Assist the sales consultants with the new business
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 1: Client Service - 70%
- Manage client relationships (advisor/broker, TPA, wholesaler, plan sponsor, etc.) by working to resolve complex service issues to ensure
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and open lines of communication with internal and external clients.
- Produce and review annual review data with clients, advisors and
- Communicate with clients, advisors/brokers, and TPAs to proactively identify and manage expectations, needs, and concerns.
- Respond to all email and voicemail inquires with tactful, accurate, and timely
- Problem solves a variety of complex situations involving business and/or client needs.
- Keep supervisor and sales executive informed of sensitive issues or special projects pertaining to clients.
- Assist sales consultants
in retention analysis. Recommend fee changes as necessary, including fee increases or decreases depending on client needs, demands, and complexity.
- Research and resolve third party payments and questions (advisor, broker (B-50), TPA, wholesaler,
- Coordinate fund amendment process timeline. Work through fund availability issues and coordinate delivery of supporting documents and enrollment packet materials, if applicable.
- Facilitate external fee changes (advisors, TPAs and
wholesalers) by properly updating fee schedules, disclosures, and all applicable systems.
- Learn how the recordkeeping systems operate (Omni, AddVantage, Global Revenue and Sponsor/Participant websites) and report information to effectively service
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 2: Onboarding - 25%
- Work with sales consultants to initiate new business takeover process.
- Finalize fund line-ups and model portfolios with client, advisor and fund wholesaler.
- Work with
advisor/client to complete new plan specification form.
- Facilitate conversion timeline discussions with client, advisor, TPAs as needed.
- Discuss education materials and enrollment meeting dates with advisor/client.
- Finalize the
collection process for internal and external fees.
- Provide all new business details to underwriting specialist.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 3: Teamwork and Productivity - 5%
- Provide backup to supervisor, sales consultants, and team
members for plan sponsor, advisor, TPA and other independent producer telephone calls, emails, and other requests.
- Foster a positive work environment and support co-workers in achievement of departmental goals. Treat all co-workers professionally
- Participate in company and departmental meetings.
- Establish work objectives and priorities to perform work in a cost-effective manner. Make recommendations for ways to increase productivity and decrease staff
- Proactively suggest changes in procedures, forms, and checklists to reduce account errors.
- Properly double check work of self and team members to minimize rework. Ensure work is reviewed by your supervisor / team lead as
Alerus offers a challenging and rewarding work environment as well as competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, paid time off & holidays, retirement benefits, and
Alerus is a customer-driven financial services company unlike any other. We are an independent, multibillion-dollar financial services organization serving customers across the country and around the world. We offer a broad array of banking and
wealth management products and services. Our knowledgeable staff assists our customers in identifying and attaining their financial goals.
For more information regarding the responsibilities and qualifications for this opportunity or to apply, visit
our website at www.alerus.com/about-us/careers/employment. Click on “View Jobs” and then select the position titled “Retirement Specialist”. We look forward to reviewing your application and thank you for your interest in Alerus
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
For more information regarding the responsibilities and qualifications for this opportunity or to apply, visit our website. We look forward to reviewing your application and thank you for
your interest in Alerus Financial!
This ad has been viewed 737 times.
It expires on 12/14/2018.