Client Service Analyst
in Dallas TX / Minneapolis MN / Chicago IL / Woodland Park NJ
Location: Dallas, TX or Minneapolis, MN, or Chicago, IL or Woodland Park / Little Falls, NJ
The Client Service Analyst works in a team environment and is responsible for
all operational tasks associated with servicing qualified and non-qualified defined benefit pension plans in compliance with the plan’s provisions and administrative policies. This includes, but is not limited to, acting as the primary client contact
on all participant issues, performing benefit calculations, responding to participant requests, and problem resolution.
The Client Service Analyst will interact within their team and with other Milliman teams (possibly across office locations) with a
moderate amount of interaction with the client. A small amount of travel can be anticipated.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Process and review manual calculations and ensure accuracy of system generated
- Prepare and review written communications for participant inquiries
- Read and comprehend plan provisions from defined benefit plan documents, summaries of plan provisions and other related plan materials
- Process and
verify Cash Balance Plan credits
- Coordinate/distribute client reports and client feedback files
- Review and maintain administrative procedures
- Provide client related training to the benefit service center team
effective relationships with client contacts
- Assist with system testing for plan modifications and new plan implementations
- Coordinate with implementation team to achieve successful plan conversions
- Set up user acceptance test case
- Provide support for special projects and other tasks as needed
- Identify, analyze, and assist in executing process improvements
- Ensure final work products are of high quality and provided in a timely
- Assist with training and mentoring of new employees
- Monitor progress of daily tasks
- Take an active role in pursuing continued education
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Strong verbal and
written communication skills, with an emphasis on customer service
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to track multiple tasks and issues, set goals and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team
environment and individually
- Excellent analytical and mathematical capabilities, with great attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems efficiently while being innovative and creative
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows and
Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and Access)
- Basic project management skills
- Willingness to work overtime
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (a degree in Mathematics, Statistics or other analytical field will be considered a
- Defined Benefit plan administration experience preferred with an understanding of standard regulatory aspects of defined benefit plan administration such as 415 benefits limits, 401(a)(17) limits, minimum required distributions, nonqualified
plans and other defined benefit regulatory issues involving ERISA and IRS Revenue Rulings
- Qualified Pension Administrator (QPA) designation from the American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries (ASPPA) or willingness to pursue ASPPA
- Must demonstrate Milliman’s core values which include:
- Integrity - Must be honest, fair, active listener, open communicator and accountable.
- Teamwork - Work
cooperatively and treat clients and coworkers with respect and dignity while valuing individual differences, encouraging new ideas and sharing information.
- Commitment to excellence - Demonstrate commitment to being creative, innovative, flexible
and adaptable, focusing on quality solutions, continually improving and being a winner.
A competitive base salary, plus a performance-based incentives bonus tied to the overall business performance. The firm
offers an outstanding and comprehensive benefits package.
Milliman employs more than 3,400 people working in employee benefits, healthcare, life insurance/financial services, and property and casualty insurance.
For more than 70 years, the firm has quietly earned a reputation for exceptional services, innovation and quality. Today, Milliman is one of the nation’s most highly regarded providers of retirement plan services to the full spectrum of business,
financial, government and, union organizations.
Our company, with the full support of our Chief Executive Officer, is fully committed to the maximum utilization of all human resources and the goals of Equal
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train, and promote, and consider qualified applicants for employment, in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, familial status, genetic
information, marital status, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as an individual with a disability, or veteran status, including qualified disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal
veterans, recently separated veterans, and active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans; and shall not discriminate against any individual, or any other characteristic protected by law. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or
reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the HR department.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a
part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in
furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 466 times.
It expires on 12/9/2018.